Pan seared swordfish...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually heat the oven to about 400 degrees and mix up some lemon zest, butter, garlic, parsley and peppercorns into mash. I then heat up my cast iron skillet with some olive oil in it, add some peppercorns to the swordfish, and cook about 3 minutes. Turn it over, put the mash on it, and put it in the oven for about 10 minutes.

Once it's done I remove it from the skillet and put the remainder of the mash into the skillet and cook it over a medium heat for a few minutes. Scrape up the glaze from the swordfish that's still on the bottom of the pan, and once it's heated pour the mix over the swordfish.

Swordfish is my favorite seafood. I wish it wasn't so pricy.

I marinate it for just a couple of hours with olive oil, toasted seasame oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. There are plenty of commercial marinades available as well.

3-4 minutes on each side on a hot charcoal grill is my preferred method, although I imagine it'll be the same for a cast iron pan. Enjoy.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
I usually heat the oven to about 400 degrees and mix up some lemon zest, butter, garlic, parsley and peppercorns into mash. I then heat up my cast iron skillet with some olive oil in it, add some peppercorns to the swordfish, and cook about 3 minutes. Turn it over, put the mash on it, and put it in the oven for about 10 minutes.

Once it's done I remove it from the skillet and put the remainder of the mash into the skillet and cook it over a medium heat for a few minutes. Scrape up the glaze from the swordfish that's still on the bottom of the pan, and once it's heated pour the mix over the swordfish.

Are you a chef, by any chance? I don't care much for high-density fish, but this makes it sound yummy enough to try!

Checked out the swordfish today while waiting for prescription, 8.99 #... about what I thought... went to seafood seasoning area... saw a jar of scampy stuff... maybe a swordfish scampy... might give it a go...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back