painting/restoring black trim

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2004 Tacoma with the black fender flares and have noticed that they are not as deep black as they once where. The lower part of the front bumber is getting bad too.
Can anyone suggest the best way to get them back to new, like with a bumper paint or something. The Armor All and Back to Black by Mothers works, but only till it rains again which is everyday in New Orleans.
Thanks!

I've got the same problem with the fender flares on my Cherokee. I'm tempted to break out the wide-tip Sharpie....

What I actually do is use "Back to Black" and then follow it a couple of days later with plain old Armor All. That seems to last a couple of months before it gets really chalky again. I'm still looking for a longer-term solution.

Im not sure how well painted would look after a few months on the trim. Only product I know of has been mentioned, Back to Black. Good luck!

I've used "forever black" which is a dye, and "black again" with better than off-the-shelf chemical results. They were both recommended here along with "black wow".

I did end up painting the bed rail caps on my F-150 with krylon fusion. after 5 months they still look great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back