Paint protection film

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm considering getting this done to my Galant, to avoid paint-related problems like chips, etc. before any flows start to appear. It's basically a clear bra on the paint job, and I'm considering getting the entire vehicle done. But I was wondering if it has any adverse affects to the paint itself. Then you have the obvious issues, such as waxing, etc. Any experts in the field? Would very much appreciate some insight. Thanks!
55.gif

While I wouldn't have the ENTIRE car done, it is a great thing to add to the nose, headlights and perhaps the bottoms of your rocker panels. Having the whole car done is severe overkill and would cost a small fortune.

Waxing isn't an issue...it should be waxed with the rest of the car to help maintain clarity and protection. I'm not aware of any adverse affects to factory paint, but it shouldn't be applied to fresh, aftermarket paint until it's completely cured.

I plan to have it done to my next car. I'm done with rock chips.

I figure it would be an "investment" whilst the car is still brand new, to avoid any paint flows and preserve the factory paint. I was actually quoted $550 for the whole vehicle, which is a lot more convenient than getting entire body parts painted to fix rock chips, and probably cheaper in the long run. I've tried touch up paint with a product called "Langka", but flows still remain visible.
55.gif

Is that $550 US dollars? If so, buyer beware. It typically takes $500 - 600 to just have the nose and mirrors done with a high quality film. $550 for the whole car indicates that a compromise exists somewhere, either with materials or labor. Skimping on either will yield you more 'flaws' than you ever dreamt possible.

I wish I had known about it before all the stone chips in the nose of my Santa Fe.
mad.gif

I will definitely be getting this for my next car.

Originally Posted By: ViragoBry
Is that $550 US dollars? If so, buyer beware. It typically takes $500 - 600 to just have the nose and mirrors done with a high quality film. $550 for the whole car indicates that a compromise exists somewhere, either with materials or labor. Skimping on either will yield you more 'flaws' than you ever dreamt possible.

Yes, $550 USD. That was actually an offer, because it is a "bulk" purchase for my sedan, 2 SUVs and a truck. It's a group buy sort of thing I'm arranging with a few friends. The material used is 3M, sourced from the US, but labour is on average much cheaper here than overseas...so I reckon that has something to do with it as well.

For that cheap I would do the entire car!
thumbsup2.gif

I wish I lived in Kuwait... But then again the heat would kill a big guy like me.
LOL.gif

My son had it on his Audi. Good stuff, Didn't keep the turbos from going out and killing the car, but the paint was still good

Works really well on DARKER vehicles as the chips won't show. Had it applied to a new black Camry. Don't forget the backsides of the mirrors as these are often over-looked with this process.

I had it done (whole nose, rocker panels and front part of rear quarter panels) on a new Corvette. I am pleased so far, but it has only been on a little more than a year. It has saved two stone chips so far, and bugs wash right off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back