Paint on new Toyota

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was washing the wife's 06 Camry today and noticed something really odd. On the front bumper were these little brown spots, like 30 of them. I used the usual bug and tar remover and nothing happened. I rubbed the places with a cloth and nothing happened. I used my finger nail and it was like nothing was on the surface, almost like it was from underneath. Has anyone experienced anything like that? The car has 2k miles on it and has not even been driven in the rain that much or parked outside. I simply do not want to have to deal with the stealership again.
Thanks guys!!

Noticed spots like that on my 04 Prius this summer. I got them off with the Blackfire Paint Polish that I use each spring to remove the old wax before beginning the new season. The color is millenium silver. I applied a new coat of polymer over the area and the spots have not reappeared.

clay bar....It was on my 03 Tacoma and luckily I knew I good body shop man that showed me that it comes right off with the clay.

Paint on the front of my 2005 Corolla has at least a few HUNDRED rock chips on it.
mad.gif

It's got thin Paint IMO. Same on my Dads 2001 Civic which I thought was thin...

Take care, Bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

Thin paint does not chip easily, its thick paint that does. Its not the vehicle that introduces rock chips its the driver. You need to watch what you drive behind and how you drive. The only vehicles that do not get rock chips are the ones that aren't driven.

DIsagree. I have owned many toyota's, the latest being my 05 tundra. My driving habits have not changed, and in one year, my 05 has more chips than any of my previous toyotas. Ex, 1993 land cruiser w/186,000 miles and 91 toy 4x4 pickup w/275,000 miles had less chips when sold than my 05 has now.
Toyota has done something, not to benefit the customer. Its on all the forums, not just this one.

I have read issues and have also seen people with same year vehicles without issues. If you drive close behind construction vehicles or drive on roads that are under construction you will get damage regardless of vehicle. These are massed produced so you could end up with a bad batch that went through.

I stand by my previous statement.

Pretty thin paint on my 05 Matrix. Got a scratch and a scuff on the back passenger door from some loose gravel a week after getting the car going through where they just paved...didn't sound like it was hard enough to do what it did
dunno.gif

I think you guys need front end masks. It probably has something to do with Toyota's "environmentally friendly paint". When I drive I try to avoid the big trucks and trailers cause they usually kick up dirt and gravel. My Civic is only a year old and yesterday I noticed that the front bumper was sand pitted. Wish that i kept the mask on.

Toyota has "Cheaped out" on their cars parts/manufacture.
They've been hanging out with GM to long, and like an easily influenced teenager, Toyota uses cheesier parts in its cars and trucks.
My personal opinion after owning 4 Toyotas is GM showed them how to go for the profit and forget the product.
W Edwards Deming must be spinning in his grave to see Toyota turn into GM.

"Pretty thin paint on my 05 Matrix."
How do you like your Matrix? Do you have the All Wheel Drive Version? Any info on the vehicle would be great. Obviously it looks pretty low on power. That probably won't be an issue though. I don't expect a burner. Good gas milage is more important.

I've noticed on a couple Camrys at work (in the parking garage) that the paint flakes off in big chunks on the front and rear bumpers. The one thing I noticed is that they seem to be the silver ones. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

I was thinking the same thing after trading in my VW Jetta for the Toyota Highlander. The paint chips extremely easy, and in some cases whole chunks would flake off.

No, toyota didn't go cheap. From what I was told, it is the formula of paint they are using now, which is suppose to be more environmentally friendly and something about being organic. I was also told that a lot more companies will be jumping onto this boat soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back