Paint defect?

I noticed this spot while quickly washing the new Jetta the other day. At first I thought it was tree sap, which would be odd on a new car. I used bug and tar remover which is what I usually use on sap and it didn't help, then I moved up to NuFinish and then to Meguiars compound. Nothing has taken it off. I am thinking it is some contaminant under the clear. The rest of the paint looks fine. I am not interested in having it repainted, at most I may mention it to the dealer when we go in for the first time to have documented. Have any of you seen something like this before on factory paint?

Attachments

• IMG_4674.JPG
    IMG_4674.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 165
Here is another angle. Again, it looks like sap. When you get eye level with the roof you can see the spot is raised slightly but very shiny, like whatever is it has been cleared over.

Attachments

• IMG_4656.JPG
    IMG_4656.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 107
I tried a clay bar this evening, as well as a sap remover soak, neither worked. I am convinced it is under the clear. I'll have the dealer document when we go in for the first time.

I tried a clay bar this evening, as well as a sap remover soak, neither worked. I am convinced it is under the clear. I'll have the dealer document when we go in for the first time.

Its possible, I wouldn't expect that from VW. I would probably take it to a good body shop for a second opinion just so you have something when the service writer gives you a line.

Back