p235/75/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Compare and contrast the Cooper Trendsetter SE and the Goodyear Wrangler Radial that walmart sells. Is the Copper a US made tire? Does it have a two ply sidewall? What is your choice and why?

Cooper- 40k tire
The Trendsetter SE is Cooper's entry level all-season tire line targeted to the value-oriented consumer.

Goodyear- 45k tire
Rugged Strength, All-Terrain Traction And An Economical Tread Design For Pickup Trucks.

what type of vehicle are these going on?

Goodyears will have better traction.

Buy the tires at a place like Discount Tire,where you can exchange 'em within 30 days for another tire. You never wanna be stuck with a set of tires you don't like.

What are the traction and temp ratings of the two? I bet the GY has a grade B somewhere.

Cooper Trendsetter
40k warranty
Service Description- 105 S
UTQG- 440 A B

Goodyear Wrangler Radial
45k warranty
Service Description- 105 S
UTQG- 300 A B

What kind of usage? If higher traction is a concern, the Goodyears. If mostly on road, I'd go with the Coopers.

Frankly though, I'd broaden my horizons and shop some other retailers. Lots and lots of choices in that tire size and likley some better buys. Just a thought...

Originally Posted By: ET16
I would get, at minimum, an H rated tire.

Not going to happen in his size. T is as high as they go.

Originally Posted By: ET16
I would get, at minimum, an H rated tire.

Heh? Because he's often driving close to 130mph in his Explorer?

Tires aren't for me but for someone who is only saving $20 a week for tires. Car will never leave pavement. I think the general would be a good choice but she will never be able to save that much money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back