P0307 Misfire on the Genesis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick1994

$100 site donor 2024
Went and started the Genesis today and got a flashing CEL, it might have sounded like it was running a little bit weird. Turned it off and borrowed a scan tool, P0307 misfire. When I started it up again the light was out (I didn't clear it) and the car runs fine.

Thinking it might be a coil, but wanted to pick your guys' brains first.

Might have been the proverbial chunk of carbon that temporarily fouled a plug. If it comes back, prolly wouldn't hurt to move a coil over to another cylinder and see if it follows.

Swap the coil with the cylinder next to it and see if the misfire follows the coil

Don't do anything now

See if the light comes back on. If it doesn't come on again this week, check it again with the scan tool. The code will probably be gone by itself

Originally Posted by Nick1994
Went and started the Genesis today and got a flashing CEL, it might have sounded like it was running a little bit weird. Turned it off and borrowed a scan tool, P0307 misfire. When I started it up again the light was out (I didn't clear it) and the car runs fine.

"Went and started the genesis today" did you mean this in the sense that this car sits for periods of time? Or as in this is your daily driver?

If it's a occasional driver, then could be a few things, and along the fuel/spark lines as well to. If it's a daily driver, wait for problem to replicate itself again to confirm 💯 that it is a issue. Could be a common misfire due to a number of things and sometimes occur a lot more than we even know, then tend to go away.

Originally Posted by domer10
Originally Posted by Nick1994

"Went and started the genesis today" did you mean this in the sense that this car sits for periods of time? Or as in this is your daily driver?

If it's a occasional driver, then could be a few things, and along the fuel/spark lines as well to. If it's a daily driver, wait for problem to replicate itself again to confirm 💯 that it is a issue. Could be a common misfire due to a number of things and sometimes occur a lot more than we even know, then tend to go away.

It's a daily driver (5k miles in the 10 weeks I've had it) but I've been driving the Camry since last Thursday. I did move the Genesis to the side of the house the other day though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back