Oxidized aluminum polishing - pretty good results

Canuck - moved to —> California —> Texas —> ???
I didn't really see much discussion about this topic, except for hand polishing, which would take forever in my case, so here is what I did.
I used a 6 inch buffing wheel I got from amazon (the kit comes with three wheels actually) mounted on a drill and polishing compound sticks from Home Depot.
The stator cover was done on the motorcycle as I don't have a gasket for it. The rest were done on my bench with the drill mounted in a vise. But if one doesn't have a bench, these could've been done on the motorcycle, it would just take longer. Smaller, 4 inch buffing wheels would also help.

I think I paid around $40 for the buffing wheels and around $5 for the polishing compound sticks. Not a bad investment for future projects and the process is quite fast. I think I spent about an hour on the front sprocket cover (second pic), the other covers took about 20 minutes a piece.

All in all I'm pretty happy with the final result.

IMG_0843.jpg

IMG_0923.jpg

IMG_0960.jpg

IMG_0956 (2).jpg

IMG_0957 (2).jpg

Hey! That looks great! Wana do mine next?
KAW.jpg

Just kidding. I'd like to do mine too. Would you post some part numbers or specifics about the kit please?

Hey! That looks great! Wana do mine next?View attachment 89249

Just kidding. I'd like to do mine too. Would you post some part numbers or specifics about the kit please?
That looks nice and clean. Polishing the cases will add a nice finishing touch.

I used this, but it doesn't come with an adapter.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YDM17FP?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

This one comes with everything needed and is a 4 inch, so it will be easier to use with a drill:
https://www.amazon.com/Keadic-Buffi...5NX3BFY/ref=psdc_256214011_t3_B07YDM17FP?th=1

Years back, I used a product called Semi-Chrome polish. I used it with a couple polishing wheels I had and a drill. I did the lower forks on my bike, and a couple other pieces. It came it a yellow colored tube. It really did a job on those pieces, and the product lived up to it's name.,,

Years back, I used a product called Semi-Chrome polish. I used it with a couple polishing wheels I had and a drill. I did the lower forks on my bike, and a couple other pieces. It came it a yellow colored tube. It really did a job on those pieces, and the product lived up to it's name.,,
It was called Simichrome not semichrome

Back