Ow20 or 5w30

Whatever your manufacturer recommends.

It being a lease should help you make a sound decision. Eitherway, I do not foresee the truck will be used in any extreme conditions right? So just stick to whatever that's recommended

Sorry, there is no SAE Ow20 grade

Best bet is to find a supply of 0w-20 if you believe in the manual's recommendation.

Since its a lease, unless you have plans to buy it out, I would do the least amount of maintenance for this vehicle.

If you, or a family member, plan on purchasing this vehicle after the lease, then I would change the oil/filter out now, use a synthetic 5w30 or 0w40, and practice a safe/sane OCI based on her commute, driving style, weather conditions, and known engine defects.

Want to do an early oil change on my daughters' wrangler 3.6, she's at 1500 miles, but the only thing holding me back is that it's a lease, should I stick with the Ow20 or go with 5w30. :unsure:
Why its a lease you going to let them rob you twice and buy it at the end of the lease?

Basically they tell you to use anything in it (including your local McDonald's fries oil) since it's a lease. Or even take off cluster and remove oil light and keep adding oil in it using your coffee cup so engine doesn't seeze. It'll be the next BITOGer problem when you return it.

Back