Oversized Amsoil EAO10 Available?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got to change the oil in my daughter's 08 Scion TC pretty quick, and it's got the EAO10 in there now. It's spec'd to use the EAO09, but i oversized with the EAO10.

Is there an oversized EAO10 available thru Amsoil?

Originally Posted By: 3Toyotas
I've got to change the oil in my daughter's 08 Scion TC pretty quick, and it's got the EAO10 in there now. It's spec'd to use the EAO09, but i oversized with the EAO10.

Is there an oversized EAO10 available thru Amsoil?

There are larger filters that will fit.

Here's a size table: EaO OF size table

What I don't know is how much gasket mating surface you have to work with and what your dimensional constraints are, but you can match them with a 3/4-16 from the table.

Looks like the EAO33, 57 are the closest in dimensions but the gasket dimensions are larger.

I'll have to look at the mounting surface to see if they'll work or not.

Should i have ANY concern by oversizing whatsoever other than fitment issues?

I really appreciate your link. Thanks Pablo

Should i have ANY concern by oversizing whatsoever other than fitment issues?

Only other thing I'd look at is the bypass valve setting ... make sure it's withing a few PSI of the specified filter.

Thanks for the heads up Superbusa; much appreciated.

Pablo........i don't see any pressure ratings on that link.

Do you have something with those listed?

I assume you still sell the 57?

That would be great if you could find that out; also comparison's to the 10 would be nice.

Thanks Pablo

I assume you still sell the 57?

That would be great if you could find that out; also comparison's to the 10 would be nice.

Thanks Pablo

The EAO33, is 8 to 11 PSI

The EAO57, is 8 to 11 PSI

AMSOIL does not recommend replacing the EAO57 with the EAO33 in any application.

I do need to say something in this thread. Amsoil does not back the use of a filter other that what they recommend. In other words you are you on your own here. Amsoil simply does not recommend EaO's for Toyota engines.

What about the EAO10 & the EAO34?

I'm not replacing the 57 with the 33. I'm replacing the EAO10.

I understand the risks involved with using the EAO filters, but i would prefer to still use them.

Last edited:
I have to give you the company line on this type of thing or it's my hiney. Amsoil is seriously worried about EaO's and Toyota engines.....almost every EaO they have removed from Toyota engines has been close to bypass mode. Really FULL.

I can only recommend a Mann and change it at the recommended OCI. Sorry.

You can try other things, if you fully take responsibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back