Overfill jerrycan?

Needs to be a transparent can to see if im at the fill line
You certainly can't do a precise eye level read of the fuel against the line. However, it's not too hard to use it. Just put the tip of your finger on the line and look down on the can from above. You can compare the fuel surface in the filling neck with the location of your finger tip. I did this three times while I was filling, then measured the contents of the can. Using a 20 Liter can, my first fill was 19.850 Liters, the second fill 20.110 Liters and the third fill 19.950 Liters. That's an average of 19.970 Liters, with the worst fill only being off by 150 mL. That's less than1%. So I'd say those fill lines can be quite useful.

You're dead on with this comment- it would be the perfect way to fill these. I just wish they had weight scales at filling stations. Id love to just put 14.8 Kg (32.6 lbs) of gasoline in the can and be done with it.
Bring a cheap bathroom scale to the gas station and set the jerry can on it when you fill.

I filled one close to the fill neck. Went to use the fuel and when I opened it that dam thing sprayed me good. Limit it to five gallons.

Back