Over 60mpg on T6 5w40

So did you reset the AVG MPG right before taking that picture, or only have 3 miles of data before taking that picture?
I had gotten antsy and Had just filled up with 240 miles on the tank and on the guess-o-meter

Hand calculated was 68mpg, so the guess o meter is close.

I think the thing people don’t realize is that I have driven both auto and manual cobalts

The automatic car was complete ass for fuel economy
Driving normally in cold weather the auto couldn’t break 16mpg on my work trip while the manual could maintain 40mpg even in -20f

Having that experience makes me believe normal autotragics should be taxed out of existence . If it’s not an EV, hybrid or your not handicapped manual transmission for you.

Looking back at my archives I’ve exceeded 60mpg on a tank in warm weather low speed town situations with my 5mt beater Cobalt several times (hand calculated)
View attachment 98766

Hyper milling and low speed warm weather

My car seems to destroy oil at about 1500 miles so I’ve went with T6-5w40, good gas mpg and the car doesn’t get super noisy at 1500 miles but now it appears I’ve lost a half quart in 1500 miles which isn’t normal

I’m considering pp 10w30 though I didn’t notice consumption with Amsoil 0w40 either

Curious what oil would you use on a car that GM screwed up the timing chain replacement on that is just gonna be run into the ground without repairs?
That’s just a computer calculation my vehicles sometimes will read out ridiculously high mpg. Coasting downhill off the accelerator etc.

Back