Over 50- I now understand why advertisers/ marketers don't like me

Dang, this thread hits home as later this week I will be older than some redwoods. I understand losing interest in VS and similar venues. I thought 50 was old, and then I thought 60 was old, but now that I am clearly old, my interests and focus has changed. I’m definitely more health-conscious than I ever was, and the insidious nature of aging can be depressing. Still, I try not to act as old as I am, because I used to tell myself. ‘I hope I don’t end up like that guy’ e.g. shabbily dressed, hair sticking out of my ears, and yellow toenails. I will pay through the nose to help keep those traits at bay. I also used to make jokes about the Geritol commercials. Endure to the end… ✌️

Last edited:
I keep a very neat beard, usually trimmed 1/week with a #3 clipper guard. Its about 50 % grey, and was making me look older that I wanted to in my mid 50's. I use brown dye on it, and wow it takes 10+ years off instantly. I leave just a touch of grey to make it look natural. The little things matter. Trimmed nails, hair free ears, well groomed all around. Good posture, stylish sunglasses. Its worth it.

I keep a very neat beard, usually trimmed 1/week with a #3 clipper guard. Its about 50 % grey, and was making me look older that I wanted to in my mid 50's. I use brown dye on it, and wow it takes 10+ years off instantly. I leave just a touch of grey to make it look natural.
I am reminded of the old Grecian Formula TV ads.

A 60ish but fit-looking Rocket Richard skates out onto the ice, and the ref says "Hey, Richard, two minutes for looking so good!"

Some banter ensues, and then Richard says, with his Quebequois accent, "Even now, I leave a touch of grey."

At 65+ your house is filled with stuff. More than you need. I have 40 t-shirts are wear less than 10. 25 button down dress shirts and wear 2 or 3.

What else is there to buy you don't have already?

I upgrade some tools here and there. Maybe more cordless OPE. Upgrade kitchen cook top to induction. Hybrid electric water heater.

I have bought thousands in WIFI hardware for churches I attend and donated most of it.

And my boat costs $$ but knew that before I bought it.

Dogs (big) cost some money. We

Reactions: GON

A 60ish but fit-looking Rocket Richard skates out onto the ice, and the ref says "Hey, Richard, two minutes for looking so good!"

Some banter ensues, and then Richard says, with his Quebequois accent, "Even now, I leave a touch of grey."
You must be speaking of this mysterious sport called "ice hockey" I presume? I have vaguely heard of it, but never seen it, or heard of this Richard gentleman at all. I totally get the drift, though. Good chance that commercial never played here in the swamps of SE TX, J/K, lol.

Seriously, I use a product called "RefectoCil". Its a good product for someone who is allergic to ammonia based dyes. Also, seriously, I googled Rocket Richard. He was a huge talent and had a huge career.

When that fails there is this option.

• Haha
Reactions: GON
Back