Out w/ the not so old ATF 3K

I am not bashing the fluid, Castrol Multi-Veh Import ATF just didn't work well in my 95 Accord. Here's the history on the car, I bought it used 1 owner on 6/9/09 w/ 206,000 miles on it from a Honda dealer the car was very well taken care of except for the tranny! When i got it home i did a drain and fill only to discover that the fluid hadn't been changed in who knows how long!It was brown but didn't smell burnt! I changed it out and used Maxlife and 6oz of AR-X for 1100 miles. Was very happy w/ the MaxLife and AR-X and decided to give the Castrol Import a try after many recommendations on BITOG. I installed the Castrol and 3oz of AR-X and was not happy w/ it from day one, but thought i would stick it out and see if things improved over time. After 3k i couldn't take it any more, and switched back to MaxLife ATF via cooler line flush on Sunday morning. The shudder between the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts is gone! http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/images/icons/default/grin.gif I couldn't be happier! Joe

jmb106

Hey,Neighbor I here you, but w/ the AAP $10 off coupon i have spent less than $50 for 22 qrts of ATF, and the 95 calls for Honda Premium or DexronII not for Z-1. Plus the best price i can get Z-1 for is $75 tax included for a case of 12. Joe

jmb106

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
sorry, I misread your post. duh I read 1995 Accord and thought of my wife's 2006 Accord
Hey, No problem I would not put MaxLife in my 99 Civic or 07 Accord they both call for Z-1. Now Amsoil ATF thats a different story!

PT1

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
If it were my car.... I would just use Z-1 Honda ATF.
What? Why would you ever want to use what Honda suggests? Then you don't get to complain. hide

jmb106

Speced for Z-1, would only use Amsoil ATF or Z-1! Might give the Redline a try not sure though. I am using the Amsoil in my 99 Civc w/ no problems! Joe