Out getting more GC today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I went to the 2 stores that I didn't bother with on my last run (because they are farther away), and struck, a "green mine." (not a gold mine, a green mine!!).

Well, at least to me, over a hundred bucks worth seemed like a green mine, hehe. found 26 quarts today between 2 stores.

I almost anxiously await the opportunity to spill some oil knowledge. And I got my chance!, hehe... while I was checking out with an entire basket full of GC (17 quarts).. someone asked me- "So what do you use this zero weight stuff for?".. Got to get technical, and explain that the 0W rating relates to an oil pumpability in cold conditions, and that it is still a 30 weight oil. (he was aparantly under the impression that the W rating had more meaning). Got into a small discussion about oils, always fun!.. hehe. He thanked me for the information- as he walked away- he said, "ya learn something every day."

sitting at 39 quarts now- all bought for $4.39/ea.

[EDIT]:
I almost wanted to say, "It's a lifetime supply for my lawnmower."-Fatboymoe

But since it wasn't a clerk- and since the line was only in my head because fatboy had thought of it first, I chose the more reasonable responce, lol.

(but that responce was definetally on my mind and I was laughing subconsciously, thankyou fatboymoe, for indefinetally putting a little "funny" on every situation where I am questioned about my GC purchase)

[ August 16, 2005, 03:35 AM: Message edited by: mdocod ]

thats kool that the clerk was interested in hearing about the oil. one of the clerks asked me about the 0w-30, thought I was using it in an ATV. I tried explaining GC to him and he just rolled his eyes at me and rang it all up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back