Our Wedding/Honeymoon

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife and I were ready for a planned vacation and kept with the timing of being off work although did no traveling. The plan was going by car anyways and still better in the case of no air travel cancelations refunds etc.... Being gone, we would miss a wedding and although the wedding was still a "Go", neither of us could risk the potential outcome of group situation with current information and that as of last Saturday. I think the only reason it could go on as planned was as private property and barn setting.
We both work in healthcare related occupations / environments so the multipliers and sphere of contact would be completely indefensible unless we had a vacation time enabling a few weeks of home containment built in. We just played it all low key and stayed home and kept it to a quiet relaxing home stay.

Just mentioning because passing on an invite can seem judgmental when it's really a case of occupational standards and 'best practices'.
Don't feel too glum if the party is small if the show must go on, but rather show good judgment and demonstrate some controls or limits on how to best mitigate the risks for any and all. Maybe a best case is the beautiful outdoor setting, small group with good distancing, keep it short and simple with no food / drink tables that cause huddling? How many are going to forget and hug or shake hands ? Lots of weird, new stuff to be thinking about and 'trained on'. Seriously, a PITA for almost everyone.

I can see the dilemma - Doing it 'right' in the present tense and doing it fun or the way you want or expected are two different time frames altogether.
frown.gif

* Look up road trips , best drives or scenic drives. Car and Driver may be linked to some and search the states or areas within that info.

Last edited:
Delay the church wedding until all can attend. Otherwise, not delaying it will eat at your heart and soul for years. This crisis will pass and it's never about the apartment rent bill getting in the way.

You can thank me later in the year.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Delay the church wedding until all can attend. Otherwise, not delaying it will eat at your heart and soul for years. This crisis will pass and it's never about the apartment rent bill getting in the way.

Agree.

Just have the pastor marry you. Video tape or skype or FaceTime it for the moms.

Have the church wedding when it is safe to do so and everyone can attend...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back