Our police made the news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: grampi
Why do people always side with the criminal?...news flash***...quit breakin the law and the police will leave you alone...

That's not really true.

People see themselves in these situations, like the guy reaching for his registration and the cop fires 4 shots at him.

Reasonable people understand this is the USA not a Nazi state.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
Why do people always side with the criminal?...news flash***...quit breakin the law and the police will leave you alone...

That's not really true.

People see themselves in these situations, like the guy reaching for his registration and the cop fires 4 shots at him.

That's right this is the USA and we have laws here...that doesn't mean people get to pick and choose which laws to follow and which ones to violate, then protest against what happens when they break the laws...people shouldn't commit crimes if they can't handle what happens to them for doing so...

...people shouldn't commit crimes if they can't handle what happens to them for doing so...

translation: We have vays of dealing vith you.

Umm, we can protest what happens after I break a law. If I get caught speeding, the officer has no right to beat me, correct? In this country, the police have rules. If they aren't expected to follow them, then why should we? How about we word it this way: Everyone should follow the rules and then it will be nice!

ref

That's not really true.

That's right this is the USA and we have laws here...that doesn't mean people get to pick and choose which laws to follow and which ones to violate, then protest against what happens when they break the laws...people shouldn't commit crimes if they can't handle what happens to them for doing so...

You mean like police officers assaulting someone after they have surrendered. When police break the laws; as they often do. It only leads to a lack of trust and a breakdown of the system by making the police judge, jury, and executioner.

Looks like a thug got a tune up.
Also looks like a few cops made a career(ending) decision.
Lesson to be learned: Always be cognizant of your surroundings before getting all mechanical and hands on with a perp.
Boils down to the bad minority of law enforcement giving the majority of law enforcement (who are trying to do the right thing) a bad name, and creating all kind of social unrest in the process.

Until police can make filming them going from excessive to lethal illegal these will appear almost every month. Even if you think following the law you are still open to this. Now this has made their job even harder having to be sure nobody is watching. Police in Chicago are trying to make phone cameras at crime scenes illegal. Make sure your batteries are good in your cell phones. We forbid toy guns around schools but allow real ones. Just a example of the twisted thinking these days. Let us get back to talking about cabin filters.

Originally Posted By: 29662

That's not really true.

You mean like police officers assaulting someone after they have surrendered. When police break the laws; as they often do. It only leads to a lack of trust and a breakdown of the system by making the police judge, jury, and executioner.

Police breaking the laws are just as bad as the criminals themselves...even worse because they're supposed to be setting the example...I'm talking about people who do nothing but complain about criminals being mistreated by police while at the same time completely overlooking and/or excusing what the criminal did in the first place...a policeman's poor, or even illegal handling of a given situation doesn't excuse the perp from what he/she did to garner the cop's attention...

Last edited:
The police should be trained in how to arrest someone and get them to jail without acting like the cops in that video. In the case of this video those cops were nothing but a gang of thugs. If it takes that many cops to arrest a physically disabled adult laying on the ground, not moving then all hope is lost for this police department. They are evidently incapable of doing their job. They are a disgrace to the badge and the public that pays their wages.

Normally I'd agree with you 100 percent. What bugs me is the way the police treated this man. Was he wrong for what he allegedly did? Maybe. But - we have laws about presumed innocent until proven guilty. I don't think any of those policeman qualify as a judge and jury (though in this case that is exactly what they became.)

As was mentioned - look at the video. The man is laying on his stomach arms out to his side, and still the police abuse him. That is wrong! He was obviously NOT resisting arrest.

Edit: FWIW, the news reporters are saying he was kicked 12 times and punched 29 times. Am I the only one that thinks that is excessive when the man is laying on the ground?

Last edited:
If you could see all
Originally Posted By: datech

Wait til it's some crazy guy with a gun at a mall or school. Suddenly they will see the light.

There are good and there are bad.
We had a woman here in Orange County..probably like most of us- white (not that it matters) working- upper middle class-homeowner
They got a complaint about her sheepdoog and wanted to come in. She said no. Not without a warrant.
They shouldered their way in. Gave her a huge black eye and we the tax payers paid about a million to make it go away. I think we payed 100 million to settle cases in So Cal

My point is it's not just the "criminals" It could be you tomorrow.

Last edited:
No tough guy ever became a cop. They all get tough after they get that badge and a gun.

People aren't on the fence about going to medical school, graduate school, and/or the police academy. But not being very bright doesn't give you the right to be a thug.

And just because your job is tough sometimes and you have to deal with plenty of idiots and your frustration can run high at times, doesn't give you the right either.

A policeman is a public servant. If you aren't cut out for the job, move on.

If that guy would have been my son, one of my brothers, or my dad....there would be reckoning coming. No doubt.

There is a justice system. The criminal will pay. The judge will see to that. And you can't even justify this beating in any way....it's not like he was endangering people's lives or just molested a kid....he was on a horse.

Now we need to replay the Chris Rock video. This is almost become a daily occurrence in our country. Sad. Yes, they were quite excessive, and will be punished now. A jab or 2 while putting the cuffs on would have been understood. But people, "stop doing stupid things, and running from the po-po". Simple solution.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
I'm hearing reports that there was a girl on the horse. He threw her off and she got hurt when she hit the rocks.

Sad...we have too many on the streets like this. The rapist in LA yesterday...out on bail for rape. I could care less if they get life or the electric chair.

STILL, if you see my post above who wants their working, non criminal daughter's door busted in and her beaten because she refused to let them in (with no warrant) to see her dog?

Where is the line with these guys?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Originally Posted By: Oil Changer
That horse is awesome.

Indeed. He just stood there.. very content.

I am not going to side with the criminal in this situation.. Dont steal and run from the law and this won't happen.

"Police brutality" aside, any man who steals another mans pet needs beaten severely IMO.

Reminds me of the Chris Rock video about getting your backside kicked by the police.

I'll paraphrase, don't make the police chase you, because if they have to chase you, you can bet that when they catch you, they are bringing a beat-down with them.

Looks like that first kick was a doozy right in the nut sack to a guy tazed and spreadeagled on the ground and already incapacitated.

The amount of other cops who came in and wanted to kick and punch was disgusting. Looks like they were trying to push each other out of the way to get a stab in at the incapacitated guy.

Seeing these beatdowns likely gives the foolish person fleeing them more incentive to not get caught in the first place.

We rarely hear of an Unsuccessful chase, but there has to be some that do get away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back