Our new 2014 Buick-Regal AWD 2.0 Turbo! (non-GS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: used_0il
What would be the possibility of stripping one of those all wheel drive
Buicks down and making a rally car out of it?

IF one could find a (sequential?) manual gearbox which would fit/work, VERY possible!
thumbsup2.gif
cool.gif
19.gif

If you look up the Opel version of the car, you can find some very slick racing versions.

I love your new car! If my life wasn't changing in the near future, that would be on my list for sure.

The Bride and I actually came close to buying a 2014 Regal Turbo before deciding to go with the Sierra in my sig. It was a sweet riding car with plenty of get-up-and-go. Liked the interior as well. Just went with the truck at the last minute. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

When my Altima got rearendtotaled I had to get it replaced immediately and the 1st manual tranny I found (it HAD to be mt of course) was the best used replacement I could find...Kitacam...

My 1st thought when I got behind the wheel was "So THIS is what a Buick is like..." and then thought "if a Buick had a manual tranny..."

Later I learned that the Camry is no longer offered with a manual tranny, but that BUICK is...HA! Buick is definitely on my "next car" list when the Kitacamry's time is up.

Last edited:
The even-sportier Regal GS is available in AWD, and with manual. I don't know if they can be had together. And I'm not sure if the "ordinary" Turbo (ha! Like these cars are ever ordinary) can be had with manual transmission. But they're out there.

When I bought mine, it was after a long period of trying this car and that, wondering if This Car would suit me or if That Car would be a reliability problem, or a gas sucker, or whatever. But I'd liked the LaCrosse I test drove, and the Regal even more. Strangely, for a smaller car, it seems larger inside than the LaCrosse. I worried that the smaller car would ride hard on the lousy streets here. But I got used to the slightly firmer ride of the Regal very quickly.

Two dealer ("free") oil changes and tire rotations, a 50K-mile transmission fluid change at my indie mechanic, a warranty-covered replacement of the seat heater module, and my own baster drain and refill of the power steering: That's been it for 10 months. The car does fine on regular fuel, is comfortable on long trips and short, and zooms quickly up to any speed you want when you are firm with the pedal. Two hundred sixty horses should make for even more fun for you!

Hey Benzadmiral!

At least for the 2014's & 15's, the only way the MT is available, is FWD-ONLY. I'm not a MT fan at all. I can drive-'em just fine....grew up farming! I can drive anything, but in cars, naaaaahhh, give me an AT! We get Buicks 4-yr. warranty, & 4 "free" Oil-changes. I'm pleasantly surprised how "firm" our Regal is! I'm NOT a fan of pillow-soft rides. I'm 53, but still enjoy spirited driving, without feeling like I'm gonna tip over!

Hoprfully up here in Fargo, our seat-htrs. never go out!!

Faron

The Buick store next to my BMW dealer has a one owner CPO 2012 GS with only 23,000 miles, the MT. and NO hole in the roof for just $21,900. And it has been on their lot since April 10th. If I was seriously considering another FWD car(extremely unlikely) that car would get a good hard look.

Lucky devil! Tried the FWD turbo for the wife , and she ended up with the LaCrosse. Methinks it's going to be on the short list to replace my hot hatch ('07 Speed 3)

Obviously you'd probably get that car for less than $20G?!??! That sounds like a good value! Sadly, the MT is such a liability for most people. If is was an AT, it would've been gone long ago...my guess anyway.

Faron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back