other dodge K-car related forums??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm already familiar with http://forum.chryslerkcar.com but i'm wondering if there are any others out there with maybe more traffic.
smile.gif

There's lots of traffic here on BITOG but probably not many fans of the k-car. :^) I'm undecided whether I want to try to fix or just get rid of one of the older caravans to see whether one thats in better than normal shape (in at least some ways like low miles for age and spent most of its life garaged) might be of any value or interest. I'd hate to junk it if someone out there likes them specifically I mean... (if repairs end up too troublesome)

Last edited:
The brand and model-specific forums are sometimes dead and posted only by a handful of folks. Sometimes, specialized advice is better there. This is still the go-to forum; some attention should be drummed up for the special forums as one comes upon a model they need help with if there is no help from Bob.

Originally Posted by columnshift
...." one of the older caravans "....
That's not a K-car. Its an S-platform mini-van, the old Dodge Caravan. So I'm confused. Anyway....::::

I remember when "El Camino" came out in 2011 (The Black Keys), as it oddly had a Chrysler minivan woody on the cover, and pictures of more minivans on the inside. Realy different, great songs anyway !!!
https://vimeo.com/95113181
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
I believe they were built on the same platform. Back then Lee Iaccoca had a vision of using one platform, and building a number of vehicles from that platform... K-car, Minivan, Daytona, 600. This vision quickly fell to the wayside.

I believe the Omni/Horizon and Chrysler Imperial were the only car platforms that were different at the time.

I'm undecided whether I want to try to fix or just get rid of one of the older caravans to see whether one thats in better than normal shape (in at least some ways like low miles for age and spent most of its life garaged) might be of any value or interest.

What do you consider older? There are plenty from this century you buy for under $1,000 or $2,000.

Originally Posted by oil_film_movies
...." one of the older caravans "....
That's not a K-car. Its an S-platform mini-van, the old Dodge Caravan.

Originally Posted by Kestas
I believe they were built on the same platform. Back then Lee Iaccoca had a vision of using one platform, and building a number of vehicles from that platform... K-car, Minivan, Daytona, 600. This vision quickly fell to the wayside. I believe the Omni/Horizon and Chrysler Imperial were the only car platforms that were different at the time.

The minivan's S-Platform used some slightly heavier duty beefed up suspension parts derived from the K-car. .... Omni-Horizon was the lighter duty L-platform line.

K-car Wikipedia

Just in case anyone was interested. There were a TON of platforms based off the K-car.

GM had the same wacky chassis codes with the FWD G-body (not to be confused with the older G-body). Olds used the G-body, Buick used the H- and C-body, and Cadillac continued to call it the K-body even though it wasn't related at all to the previous generation K-body. All the same basic platform.

Lee Iacocca really was right, having 7 different models on 7 completely different platforms, all with different variants doesn't work. Just look at the market now, almost every car out there shares a platform with something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back