Other 3.6 Pentastar folks going 10K OCI on dino?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everybody,

Since Jeep upgraded the software on the newer Pentastars, the 2013 + 3.6's can go up to 10k miles (Prev years 8k) before the OLM comes on. Based on my habits (gentle on the oil, 6 speed with lots of low rpm highway cruising and road trips),I'm rapidly approaching a 10k interval before the minder comes on. I have the factory 5w20 dino Pennzoil MS cert in it and still looks medium brown and hasn't lost any level at 8100 miles. It's looking the with these oil cooler,variable displacement oil pumps,and the other tech Chrysler put in to this motor, they are pretty easy on the oil.

Anybody else getting to the 10k mark on their dino oil changes on the new 3.6s before the minder comes on?

The OLM went about 8K on our 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan's 3.6L most recent OCI. Mine doesn't give a percentage of oil life. It just sets a "change oil" message.

I'm at about 7K on my Pentastar, changed the oil 3 times so far. No OLM activation yet. Two UOAs, including FF. Both looked fine for the light use they had been through. Will probably run 5K OCI with whatever meets Chrysler MS-6395 and stop worrying about it.

Originally Posted By: JTK
The OLM went about 8K on our 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan's 3.6L most recent OCI. Mine doesn't give a percentage of oil life. It just sets a "change oil" message.

Quick OT question, what kind of highway fuel mileage do you get with that Crosstrek?

Originally Posted By: RGR
I'm at about 7K on my Pentastar, changed the oil 3 times so far. No OLM activation yet. Two UOAs, including FF. Both looked fine for the light use they had been through. Will probably run 5K OCI with whatever meets Chrysler MS-6395 and stop worrying about it.

Yikes! I'm at 8100 and on the factory fill since buying it new in February! I'm a believer in NOT changing the oil very often especially early on if you don't need it.

Originally Posted By: jayg

Yikes! I'm at 8100 and on the factory fill since buying it new in February! I'm a believer in NOT changing the oil very often especially early on if you don't need it.

The wear metals on the FF UOA were HIGH...I just wanted them out. Never done a FF UOA before, but I knew they were there. They were greatly reduced on UOA #2, which was the point.

Plus the Wrangler is like the easiest thing in the world to change the oil on, so why not?

Last edited:

That's a shame.

My OLM was on pace for 10k. I put PPPP in at 4k and will go with the OLM for here on out.

14 durango, mainly hwy miles

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DemoFly

That's a shame.

Why? Because I'm not paranoid? I run out the first change and I have never had an issue doing so. I sleep fine at night doing it knowing everything is working as it should. I think some of you are picturing fresh lathe shavings in your oil scuffing your engine's internals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back