Other 1/2 finds some VALERO stations may not meet Top Tier specs ...

while looking for VALERO locations in the area . Go to VALERO site for details . This is also stated at TOP TIER site , https://www.toptiergas.com/licensed-brands/ ( pictured below ) . May want to look at other major Top Tier gasoline manufacturers sites .

IMG_7448.JPG

Last edited:
Around here, VALERO is a shady-looking, franchised gas station chain. There are NOT a lot of them around here either but they're ones that I don't buy gas at. I do realize that in others parts of the country it is a reputable brand.

Just curious, why did you single out Valero ? Re-read the statement from the TT people and they're indicating this can apply to everyone.

Around here, VALEROS opened in several refreshed stations with new tanks. None had an attached convenience store.
They all were top priced fuel. They did not exceed BP / Amoco or Shell; but were equally priced.
Only one remains and I don't even know where its prices land.

Around here, VALERO is a shady-looking, franchised gas station chain. There are NOT a lot of them around here either but they're ones that I don't buy gas at. I do realize that in others parts of the country it is a reputable brand.

Same here in upstate NY.

There was also an article/post that QT is also having issues with getting TT fuel. Times are really strange now in the supply/demand/supplychain areas.

Some years back Valero took over almost all of the gas stations where I lived. The fuel was of poor quality and resulted in yard equipment needing repair and very poorly running cars. This was before top tier was even a thing.

Years later we moved and Valero had gone TT. The first visit and their own gas card got cloned resulting in changes that were not ours. We were in North TX, the charges were in Houston. They fought us tooth & nail to get the false charges reversed even with a police report on hand. They took MONTHS to refund us. Cards were cut up and I wouldn't buy gas from them now if you paid for it! I notice now their prices are higher than almost all other name brands in the area.

They crapped in their nest with me...never again.

T.T. gas is far and few . We have G.D.I. 1.6 liter that needs additives to help engine clean . The other is 1.5 Liter Honda that recommends it as well .

The few Valero stations in my area are the kind you probably wouldn't want to stop at -- dirty, run down and VERY sketchy looking. Their prices are generally higher that their competitors and I rarely see anyone buying gas there.

T.T. gas is far and few . We have G.D.I. 1.6 liter that needs additives to help engine clean . The other is 1.5 Liter Honda that recommends it as well .
Any Costco stations in your area? They're my go-to.

The few Valero stations in my area are the kind you probably wouldn't want to stop at -- dirty, run down and VERY sketchy looking.
I've said that about every Valero station I've seen around here and some people took it as some sort of anti-Top Tier stance (I have zero opinion on TT). More and more people are pointing out that the Valero's around them aren't much different than the ones I see....

I've said that about every Valero station I've seen around here and some people took it as some sort of anti-Top Tier stance (I have zero opinion on TT). More and more people are pointing out that the Valero's around them aren't much different than the ones I see....
A quick Google search returns multiple items where customers comment about the substandard appearance of Valero gas stations. It may not be an issue of location, but perhaps one of company funding/upkeep of its stations.

My impression is that Valero is just a "brand" now, not so much a company anymore. They sell (franchise) their name to anyplace with the funds to pay for it. Doesn't seem like they care about the appearance, just if the check clears...

Back