Oster Blender

These things do a fair job but today I added fresh beets and then had to put it into my Ninja and blend it some more.
It was a bit too fibrous for my liking.
It works good on things like citrus.
I like smoothies better than juicing so I don't have to throw away pulp and I can get the fiber as well as the juice.
But they don't make Oster blenders like they used to. This thing groans like a mule when I turn it on, until it finally gets up to full speed.
It's not old either, it's very lightly used. I had another Oster that groaned like that so I gave it away and got this, and this one groans too.
Out of 5 stars I'd give this thing no more than 3.

DSC_2081.JPG

Interesting, we just had our $300 Brevelle blender crap out last weekend. Lightly used for several years but recently (last four months) started using it for frozen fruit smoothies instead of out Bullet and the motor overload light keeps coming on? The blender was rated for this sort of use?

Interesting, we just had our $300 Brevelle blender crap out last weekend. Lightly used for several years but recently (last four months) started using it for frozen fruit smoothies instead of out Bullet and the motor overload light keeps coming on? The blender was rated for this sort of use?
I too have Breville's and so far no problems with any of their appliances. Have you contacted the company for repair?

Your using the wrong blender for the task at hand. My wife and I researched blenders and bought a Vitamix. Vitamix is made in Cleveland, OH.

Oster likes to be confusing/misleading about the watt ratings on some blenders. They make one blender that says 1200 watts, but under the blender, it says 900 watts.

I think the best cheap blender which is also assembled in the USA is the Kitchen Aid K150.

One thing many don't realize is that there are two types of blenders. Bar blender and Food blender.
You can get a good bar blender at a reasonable price from a restaurant supply store.

Real blenders.

There are any number of Vitamix blenders that will do a great job.

Tip: Reconditioned Vitamix blenders, purchased through Vitamix, can be a good deal. Do not buy any other reconditioned Vitamix blenders.

The Vitamix is spendy, but it's a fantastic machine with a great warranty and excellent customer service.

I too have Breville's and so far no problems with any of their appliances. Have you contacted the company for repair?
Its a Brevlle 800blxl. I am sure it is too old, although it has been on frozen fruit smoothie duty for less than a half year.
I did look into repair and think the problem is the

Speed Control Pcb W Thermister Connector board​

Unfortunately the board is “no longer available”...

Attachments

• 395D3232-C32E-47FD-9D62-BB8A6E67B725.jpeg
    395D3232-C32E-47FD-9D62-BB8A6E67B725.jpeg
    23.7 KB · Views: 2
Its a Brevlle 800blxl. I am sure it is too old, although it has been on frozen fruit smoothie duty for less than a half year.
I did look into repair and think the problem is the

Speed Control Pcb W Thermister Connector board​

Unfortunately the board is “no longer available”...
BUMMER !!!

Vitamix. End of story.......
Well I would argue that Bendtec is another great blender plus they put out some interesting youtube videos :)

I really like my bendtec, got it for a great price at Costco. You can get Vitamix for good prices at Costco as well.

Ninja Blenders are good also
I agree. It's OK if people want to swear by their Vitamix but there are many other less expensive options.
The older I get, the more frugal I get.
I'd be tempted to try a Blendtec or even a Chinese VM knockoff on amazon for
I don't understand why anyone would want something like a Vitamix that blends and also cooks food.
Why not blend it and then cook it on the stove?

Well I would argue that Bendtec is another great blender plus they put out some interesting youtube videos :)

I really like my bendtec, got it for a great price at Costco. You can get Vitamix for good prices at Costco as well.

I do have a soft spot for Blendtec too...

I have an Osterizer beehive 3 speed that must be at least 15 yrs old. Does the job for me
on almost a daily basis. I use it mostly for smoothies with frozen fruit and ice. I have a backup beehive 2 speed that's probably 20 yrs old. I had a KitchenAid for a year or two but just try and get parts.
They changed models and mine had become old/obsolete. The Osertizer I can always get parts for cheap and plentiful on Amazon.

These things do a fair job but today I added fresh beets and then had to put it into my Ninja and blend it some more.
It was a bit too fibrous for my liking.
It works good on things like citrus.
I like smoothies better than juicing so I don't have to throw away pulp and I can get the fiber as well as the juice.
But they don't make Oster blenders like they used to. This thing groans like a mule when I turn it on, until it finally gets up to full speed.
It's not old either, it's very lightly used. I had another Oster that groaned like that so I gave it away and got this, and this one groans too.
Out of 5 stars I'd give this thing no more than 3.

Back