Osram D2s bulbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
The headlights on my car dont seem as bright as they did when car was new. Car is a 2007 A6. I believe I want to get Osram DS2 nightbreakers. Anyone know of a good source for them and any thoughts on this choice.

How are the lenses? Dirty/clouded? Bulbs do get weaker in time, but id also look at alternator and battery voltage.

Does your car go through bulbs fairly often? The higher output bulbs have lower lifespan.

Lenses are perfect like new. Bulbs are 8 years old so I am changing them to see if it makes a differnce. I have been driving my wifes car wirh xenons and the lighting is better. It is an SUV(X3) so dont know if that or maybe BMW has better lighting. I didnt notice till I started driving her car more. On the A6 forum there are complaints on the headlights!

HID bulbs do lose output over time. Consider the typical warm color temp name brand bulbs.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
How are the lenses? Dirty/clouded? Bulbs do get weaker in time, but id also look at alternator and battery voltage.

Does your car go through bulbs fairly often? The higher output bulbs have lower lifespan.

OP talking about HID bulb, not standard Halogen bulb.

I replaced original Philips D2S 85122+ in my 2004 S2000 with Osram Night Breaker Unlimited about a month ago. Until now it has only 10-15 hours break in so the intensity does not at full power yet, but the light output of Osram is clearly brighter than the 11 years old Philips.

If you like whiter light you may like to take a look at Osam CBI (Cool Blue Intense), with 5000-5500K temperature it is quite whiter than 4300K Night Breaker Unlimited, but not ricer whiter of 8000-10000K.

I bought a Duo Pack Osram Night Breaker Unlimited from a Germany seller auto-lampen-discount.de for around $110 shipped. I received it in less than 10 days. The lowest price in USA is about $200 shipped.

There are many fake Oram D2S bulbs in USA, anyone that sells it for $80-120 a pair of Osram Night Breaker Unlimited in USA most likely fake bulb made in China.

I have the D2S Osram night breakers ($190 for the set)in one of my sets of headlights, phenomenal lighting all round, especially inclement weather. You may want to look at the Philips 85122 D2S for $100. The Philips have a nice yellow tinge that is also very helpful in inclement weather. I replaced a family members OEM Philips bulbs with same in their 2006 Lexus as the color had begun to shift, huge difference.... You just might need new bulbs and could save $90 going with the Philips.

www.theretrofitsource.com. Is where I get my bulbs, all OEM and no fakery!!!!

Originally Posted By: Roob
I have the D2S Osram night breakers ($190 for the set)in one of my sets of headlights, phenomenal lighting all round, especially inclement weather. You may want to look at the Philips 85122 D2S for $100. The Philips have a nice yellow tinge that is also very helpful in inclement weather. I replaced a family members OEM Philips bulbs with same in their 2006 Lexus as the color had begun to shift, huge difference.... You just might need new bulbs and could save $90 going with the Philips.

I went with the 81522 from the retrofitsource. Hopefully they will do the trick. Thanks for the tip

Originally Posted By: raaizin
Originally Posted By: Roob

I went with the 81522 from the retrofitsource. Hopefully they will do the trick. Thanks for the tip

Glad to help.
Cheers.

I put Philips D2S 85122 bulbs in both my son's X3 and my MS3. I bought them direct from Amazon for $41 each.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back