Orion launch at 7:05

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're cycling the LH2 and LOX fill & drain valves in each of the first stage boosters. If they close properly, the count will be resumed.

Last edited:
Port and core LOX fill and drain valves are not showing closed after being commanded to close in preparation for launch. They're troubleshooting now; my educated guess is that they will miss the launch window for today and have to try again tomorrow or later.

Restarted launch count for 9:44 AM.
Did they resolve the valve problems? I must have missed the flight controllers' comments.

OK, the valve issue still hasn't been resolved. They just seem to be counting down to the end of the launch window.

Launch has just been scrubbed. This is a Delta IV launch vehicle, not Atlas. It's basically 3 Delta CBC's (Common Booster Core) strapped together, using LH2 and LOX.

What is NASA trying to find Obama in space? More free votes in exchange for taxpayer funded handouts? I wonder what they are bringing on the shuttle.

This is a test launch of the new orion crew vehicle. Kind of an Apollo capsule on mild steroids. If successful, we won't be dependent on the Russians to ferry people to/from the ISS. And it will be the vehicle that goes back to the moon, possibly on to Mars.

And thank you for the ignorant antiobama comment, but this is a Bush era program to replace the shuttle.

Last edited:
That is a truly incomprehensible post.

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
What is NASA trying to find Obama in space? More free votes in exchange for taxpayer funded handouts? I wonder what they are bringing on the shuttle.

Considering your first post asking where they launch and if it was "near Cape Canaveral, FL", I'm not really sure why anyone would wish to listen to your opinion on a technical merit.

Originally Posted By: MalfunctionProne
NASA sounds INCOMPETENT with all this money they spend...

This is REALLY exciting stuff. Really is a shame to see the space program today compared to what it was in the past. I grew up 20 minutes from the space center. My dad worked there and I got to see the shuttle up close and personal on several occasions and got to walk around the vehical assembly building (so massive it is almost incomprehensible) The building is so big that storm clouds have rolled in and it has rained inside!! My sister works at Space X. Really cool to see what they are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back