Oregon ANG F-15 Honors 2ndLt David R. Kingsley

From the article:

"At the unveiling in 2019, the 173rd Fighter Wing’s commander, Col. Jeffrey Edwards, read from a letter Sullivan had written to Kingsley’s oldest surviving brother in 1945.

“‘Tommy, I am more than grateful that my life was spared by your brother Dave giving up his life so that I could live,’” read Edwards. “’I am not ashamed to admit when I think of Dave I also have tears come into my eyes, if it weren’t for me getting wounded Dave’s life would have been saved.’”

Wow, what a story for selfless service and ultimate sacrifice. No better definition of a leader than 2lt David Kingsley. Thanks for taking the time to post this article.

Last edited:
I didn’t realize Portland had a base. I read they are first for the F-15EX

As I understand it, if there is a need for fighters in the Seattle area or pretty much anywhere up this way they are scrambled out of Portland. They are based at PDX

When the ramp worker stole the Alaska/Horizon Q-400 out of SeaTac, they were up here in a flash.

I found this off their website.

“Today the "Redhawks" are proud to continue service as a vital part of the Total Force team, defending our nation with the latest version of the F-15C Eagle, providing both continuous air defense and air superiority capabilities. With more than 1,000 officers and airmen, the 142nd Fighter Wing guards the greater Pacific Northwest skies from northern California to the Canadian border as part of ACC and the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD). The wing also stands ready to participate in state and federal contingency and expeditionary missions as required.”

Back