Ordering beer for home delivery from Walmart?

Is this a thing? If it is, is it shipped by the usual carriers? Is a 6-pack going to be received intact?

The other day when (mis)typing a query at walmart.com, a brand of imported beer came up. Curiosity took over and saw there were many brands. In stock. And with the usual free-delivery over $35 (not the Walmart Plus or some grocery program).

Today the large variety is gone and the rest listed as out of stock. Was it a test? A mistake? (A hallucination?)

It seems too convenient. 5 quarts of motor oil, an oil-filter, and a couple of six-packs would probably be enough for free shipping.

Live in a Walmart store-less area. Didn't even realize they sold the stuff. Never noticed alcohol in any of the few (non-local) stores I've browsed in.

Hard to imagine beer bottles shipped: A typical Walmart-to-home delivery here is a lightweight cardboard box with a couple of plastic air-filled pillows placed only on top of the (loose) item(s). Whether it's UPS/FedEx/USPS at least half the boxes arrive looking as if they've been repeatedly tossed into bins, fallen from elevated conveyor belts, and kicked out of the back of the truck onto the street, before finally heaved over a fence onto concrete, to land in a shallow puddle of (hopefully) water . . .

When I order oil and filters from Wal-Mart, it is delivered by someone who appears to be driving their personal car. It is not a plain white Ford Transit, or any sort of a commercial vehicle. Usually something like a Honda Accord.

Regarding the store to customer delivery, I would imagine it is up to the store if they want to deal with it or not. Delivering alcohol is probably a pain not worth dealing with. Customers not being home as an example.

From Walmarts website.

Is alcohol available for delivery?​

Yes, only if your state and local regulations permit. Keep your government-issued ID ready to receive your alcohol delivery order.

Alcohol will not be delivered if:​

• You do not provide your ID
  • You are not present to receive the order
  • You are under 21 years of age
  • You appear to be furnishing alcohol to persons under 21 years of age
  • You appear intoxicated

my local walmart in coal twp pa many times have items not on shelves compared to buckhorn, pa store so i order on-line + some things are delivered ASAP same day as noted usually by a private vehicle + a young lad! works for me!! no beer in Pa as our governor little hitler would not allow but runs state stores with overpaid clerks that likely costs tax $$$ Pa land of taxes aka one of the highest gas taxes!!

Didn't know beer and oil mixed!

Perhaps beer would be one hellava additive? ;)

Beer and Super-Tech oil ... it would certainly "hop-up" any engine, that's for sure!

Hiding now... :cool:

Last edited:
Didn't know beer and oil mixed!

Perhaps beer would be one hellava additive? ;)

Beer and Super-Tech oil ... it would certainly "hop-up" any engine, that's for sure!

Hiding now... :cool:
I’m waiting for Project Farm to test that 🙃

Back