Ordered my tune-up and repair parts today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, I went ahead and ordered the parts to “tune-up” and “repair” the old, ’96 Saturn SL2 with 94,000 miles.

Here was the final list:

SaturnParts.com:

Quote:

Items Ordered:
Item: Emission system, Pcv valve, PCV VALVE, Saturn, DOHC
Price: $2.25
Tax: $0.00
Qty: 1
Total: $2.25

Item: Engine, Cylinder head and valves, Valve cover gasket, VALVE COVER GASKET, Saturn - 1.9L, DOHC - 1.9L, DOHC
Price: $18.24
Total: $18.24

Item: Engine, Mounts, Mount, MOUNT, Saturn, Engine Mount - 1.9L, DOHC - 1.9L, DOHC
Price: $49.50
Total: $49.50

Item: Electrical, Powertrain control, Coolant temp sensor, COOLANT TEMP SENSOR, Saturn
Price: $10.16
Total: $10.16

Item: Maintenance and lubrication, Transaxle, Automatic transaxle, Filter, FILTER, All Models, External
Price: $13.82
Total: $13.82

Item: Maintenance and lubrication, Transaxle, Automatic transaxle, Pan gasket, PAN GASKET, Saturn, To Vin
Price: $11.63
Total: $11.63

-----------------------------
Items Total: $105.60
Shipping: $0.00
Handling Fee: $0.00
Order Total: $105.60

No word on shipping costs yet, but it should be less than $30 and should bring the final total to around $130. I’ll still be saving $50+ compared to the local dealership.

Then, I ordered some additional parts from RockAuto:

Quote:

ACDELCO744QQSpark Plug Wire Set$ 23.79
FRAMPPA7094Air Filter $ 18.75
NGK5643Spark Plug$ 1.70(4) $6.80
WIX33575Fuel Filter$ 19.27
Discount $ -3.43
Shipping $ 15.33
Order Total $ 80.51

I have the engine oil and filter already here at home, did a coolant change last spring, and bought 3 quarts of Power Steering Fluid and 1 quart of Brake Fluid for $10 at Walmart. All done for less than $230.

Here’s the interesting thing: The Fram “PPA7094” Air Filter is actually their AirHog reusable filter. List price is well over $40 on it. RockAuto only charged me $18.75 for some reason. I’m pretty sure the price is legitimate too, as I went ahead and looked it up for a ’05 Tahoe, and the AirHog filter for that truck was < $30.00, which is still “too low.”

In addition, Fram is currently offering a $20 mail-in rebate on the AirHog filter. So, I wonder if my purchase will still “qualify” since the price is suspiciously low. I guess I’ll have to contact Fram on Monday to see what they say. If I don’t qualify for the $20 filter mail-in rebate, I can still qualify for the free cleaning kit rebate. It’s either one or the other.

I’ll post more once I get the parts, hopefully that air filter price is right.

laugh.gif

Are you going to do anything else like cleaning the TB, SeaFoam'ing, etc etc?

Looks like a thoughoug list already!

What ATF and engine oil are you going to use?

Throttle Body will be cleaned, and so will the EGR Valve.

ATF will be drained and filled several times with SuperTech Dexron IIIH.

Engine oil will be Quaker State 10w30 GF-3, Purolator PP Oil Filter with 8-9 oz of Auto-RX.

Not bad Mike, not bad! I would add a fuel seafoaming treatment through the throtte or vacuum line; you won't be disappointed.
rugerman.gif
to the carbon
laugh.gif

Drew, you should see an "Edit" button up next to the "Reply" button on your post. If you don't see the button, you waited to long and your post can no longer be edited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back