Ordered a rotary. Can't wait to try.

Ordered a rotary and a bottle of Mirror Glaze Heavy Cut cleaner. Look forward to getting after some of the deeper clear coat scratches on my Mustang that my PC7336 just can't seem to tackle. Wish me luck!

Ordered a rotary and a bottle of Mirror Glaze Heavy Cut cleaner. Look forward to getting after some of the deeper clear coat scratches on my Mustang that my PC7336 just can't seem to tackle. Wish me luck!
Keep in mind you are not removing the scratch but the clear around it, if its so deep and orbital will not remove it you may burn the clear right through.
If it is not obviously through to the base coat I sand it lightly with 3000 and water if it doesn't disappear after a light going over its too deep and needs a clear coat touch up. Be extremely careful using a rotary to flaten scratches (you are not removing them) you could end up with a lot more damage than a scratch and need a respray.

It came yesterday. Cool package. I used the dense foam pad and the Megs#4 and removed some scratches on the Fenders in a few minutes per side. Can't wait to tackle the entire car. Wow!

You will be blown away by what can be achieved using low speeds (600-900 rpm) and a finishing pad on a rotary.

20210425_133243.jpg

Saleen Wheels Mustang.JPG

Here's my 2000 Mustang right after I buffed it and put the Saleen wheels on it. Don't use a wool pad, but the orange pad followed up by your DA with the black pad to remove the swirls.

Looks great Silverado12! I vaguely remember what it looked like before being restored. May want to try some Solution Finish trim restorer on the black piece in the hood scoop.

Back