opinions wanted, which car would you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Vikas
Why isn't Acura TL Manual in the list?

I just don't like the looks of them.

Wrong-wheel drive, same reason the Malibu is getting laughed at for being on the list.

I think I just threw up in my mouth.

Is or bmw.

Originally Posted By: 440Magnum

Wrong-wheel drive, same reason the Malibu is getting laughed at for being on the list.

ouch!

Originally Posted By: 440Magnum

I'm pretty sure the TL SH-AWD is availiable with a 6spd manual.

torque vectored all wheel drive are the "wrong wheels"?

I can't stand that ugly guillotine grill, but the car is nice. Like a Mazdaspeed 6 without the self destructing rear diff mounts.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Having test driven the fist gen IS before I settled on an A4, I wasn't at all impressed. It handled OK, but the interior fit, finish, and materials felt like a Corolla, not a Lexus.

Few get past the "Tag Heuer" style instrument cluster to realize the rest of the dash looks like a Camry.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Spazdog
I'm pretty sure the TL SH-AWD is availiable with a 6spd manual.

However...

1. That would be '09+, >$40k brand new, and super rare. I can't imagine it'd be easy to find a good used one for under $20k.

2. The engine is still transversely mounted, and great deal of the torque still goes to the front wheels under all conditions. It's a step ahead of FWD, but I can't imagine it'd be free of all of FWD's limitations.

No, I was talking about the previous generation TL; I thought that was obvious given 20K budget.

The new ones are hideous looking

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: d00df00d
The previous-generation TL was FWD only.

someone I work with had the previous gen version w/ a stick; IDK, it left me feeling kind of 'meh'. just kind of a fancy honda.
before someone says the IS300 is just a fancy toyota, it has the 2JZ engine and its RWD. IMO, the TL would/should have been RWD.

A friend of mine has an 03 IS300 and I think it is a nice car to drive but the dash has basically melted. Apparently according to my friend toyota says its due to using Armor all. well there are parts of the dash that nobody would ever put armor all on and its doing it and my friend never used armor all. But having said that he was not the first owner. So who knows....but still either way you will be buying it used and when this happens it looks pretty bad. Its like the dash is just scuffed up all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back