Opinions on Tiny Turbo Charged Engines?

I just say no to turbo. More simple is more better. Southern engineering 101. Just gimmee a 2.5 NA Camry.
I am of the same opinion. I like simple and finally (bought into) those old mechancis sayings (who trained me) "never kick a sleeping dog & if it aint broke dont you dare try to fix it!" LMAO when I first heard those old timers saying those things. Thought they all had poor or bad attitudes. YET, After a few years on the tools in the field or working in the shops with them I finally "got it."

I think a lot of these small engines are having issues not specifically because there small displacement and turbo, but they try to do too much other crap with them - GDI only / wet timing belt / Plastic this that or the other bolted to a cvt etc. Probably wouldn't work long with or without the turbo in a lot of cases.

Too many new variables to master at one time.

there's one. Not tiny (2L) but IS also the diesels I was curious about.
Any others? so we can compare? Just VeDub? We just don't get much
of what the other countries get...

You sure 5w40's not too thick for that little 4 banger?
Some 0w30 would probably me closer to OEM recommendations and it'll give ya better fuel economy
Manual recommends 5W-30 or 5W-40 VW502.00
At one point I was considering running Ravenol SSO 0W-30 (Oct. to March when I change oil twice a year) in winter which has the same approval but I realized it's not necessary. My average temperatures where I live are:
1665802072769.jpg

The lowest temp I ever experienced since I moved here from Bay Area in 87 was 9°F about ten years ago when my water pipe froze and burst cause I forgot to put heat tape on.
I decided that 5W-40 is good year round. Many days in summer are over 100°F. Would I get better millage with 0W30? Probably.
But I like having oil in with HTHS 3.7 QSFS and 3.9 VST.

Back