Opinions on this truck?

Used truck values are nuts right now. For a few grand more, you can probably find a new Ram instead of a 4-yr old truck with 77K miles.

This is just an example:
(I know it isn't a crew cab, but you should be able to find a Crew Cab for around this price.)

I received $13k off MSRP for my Ram, you should be able to get at least $10K off between the dealer discount and mfg rebates.

Last edited:
It has 22k of limited/mostly useless? warranty left.
I don't think it's a good deal if you can afford new and plan on keeping the truck for a long time.
The used truck already has 77K on it and they are asking 27591.
A new F150 XLT V8 super crew in Florida can be had for 36742. If you finance it, the interest rate will usually be cheaper on new vs used.
The link below show the truck I'm speaking of.

Thank you guys......It is definitely a sellers market right now for used trucks.

I agree with the others. I'm not normally a fan of buying new vehicles and taking the depreciation hit, but it might make sense given the cost of used vehicles right now. While 77k isn't an obscene amount of miles, in two or three years it will likely have what a lot of folks consider "high miles" which impacts resale value in a big way.

Used truck values are nuts right now. For a few grand more, you can probably find a new Ram instead of a 4-yr old truck with 77K miles.

This is just an example:
(I know it isn't a crew cab, but you should be able to find a Crew Cab for around this price.)

I received $13k off MSRP for my Ram, you should be able to get at least $10K off between the dealer discount and mfg rebates.

Thank you Critic

As per the mileage, i like high miles for the year for a truck because i personally don't put a ton of miles on my truck. Maybe 5-7k a year. So i can buy high for the year and it normalizes over time. Plus i don't mind if somebody puts say 25 miles each way per day on it instead of 12.5 miles each way per day. Once its all warmed up those miles wear less.

I like to analyze a vehicle as if it will last 200k, and that F150 is about 1/3 used up for 2/3s the price. $47k sticker on a 302A XLT 2WD. So if it is exactly what you want the price is reasonable. I doubt they haggle on it cause somebody else will just buy it because trucks are in high demand.

If you pay sticker on an XLT F150, you are doing it wrong. The XLT is the trim level Ford puts its biggest incentives and discounts on. The dealer I bought my F150 at is selling 4WD XLT V8 Supercrew trucks for 42k - they sticker at over 54k... I'd tell you what a 2WD truck goes for, but there are so few up here that I can't... Someone else posted one that is just over 36...

I did the same calculations on trucks when I purchased my 2016 F150. Planned to buy used, but when I ran the numbers out over an expected 200k, trucks that were 2-5 years old were overpriced mainly due to the miles on them. Ended up buying new - more money up front, but it should pay for itself and then some compared to the used trucks in the long term. Doubt much has changed then...

If you pay sticker on an XLT F150, you are doing it wrong. The XLT is the trim level Ford puts its biggest incentives and discounts on. The dealer I bought my F150 at is selling 4WD XLT V8 Supercrew trucks for 42k - they sticker at over 54k... I'd tell you what a 2WD truck goes for, but there are so few up here that I can't... Someone else posted one that is just over 36...

I did the same calculations on trucks when I purchased my 2016 F150. Planned to buy used, but when I ran the numbers out over an expected 200k, trucks that were 2-5 years old were overpriced mainly due to the miles on them. Ended up buying new - more money up front, but it should pay for itself and then some compared to the used trucks in the long term. Doubt much has changed then...
This is true in a normal market but due to current shortages theres less discounts than normal. Also its harder to find the V8 and 302A package. If you can still bag 10k+ off a new one that would be better.

Been looking at new Crew cab silverado's vs new late model same options and its true only a few thousand $$$ difference from buying new off the lot

Just a heads up Rams depreciate in value more VS a GM, Ford, Toyota

Dave

Last edited:
This is true in a normal market but due to current shortages theres less discounts than normal. Also its harder to find the V8 and 302A package. If you can still bag 10k+ off a new one that would be better.

I can point to a dealer with 20+ v8 302a xlt trucks stickering over 54k all for sale for 42-44k. Another with 15 of them. Again, if you pay anywhere near sticker on an XLT, you've been had... even in this market. Yes, there are dealers who are short and won't budge, but there are still deals to be had...

Last edited:
Back