Opinions on Pela Extractor Pumps

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been considering purchasing a Pela 6000 oil extractor pump. For use mainly to pull ATF out of an auto tranny without dropping the pan. Obviously I'll use it for oil changes too. I'd like opinions on their effectiveness. Good? Bad? Indifferent?
cheers.gif

I bought one and used it on my Ford Escape then on the Mustang GT for oil. I pulled the plug afterwards to see how good the drain was. The Escape was parked on flat driveway and I got a pretty good drain, perhaps better than pulling the plug only. On the Mustang, I drove it up on my Rhino ramps. The pump was not as effective on it. The Mustang seems to get an excellent drain when the ramps are used. Overall, I would say that it works pretty well. It is kind of slow. It will depend on your vehicle. I think you have to pull the plug afterwards to see how well it works. I think I will use it on the Escape next time without pulling the plug. I have not used it for ATF but I think it might work well.

Great device. I'd be lost without mine. Get a coupla extra tubes. They get damaged easily and won't suck. When I do nick the side of the tube sheath, I cut it back to make it able to produce a vacuum again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back