Opinions on oil analysis companies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the way blackstone does business. Quick and efficent. I don't like the cost. My past two UOA have been performed by Oil Analyzers (Amsoil's company I think). It took at least 3-4 weeks before I got em back. But at 15 bucks a pop its cheaper than Blackstone. Last time I was at Napa the counter monkey said that Napa sells UOA kits. The price was 15 bucks (without shipping costs) I forgot the name of the company they used but I might try them out next time I need a UOA. BTW how much are the butler/caterpillar UOA's??

I did a lab study in 2003?? Posted here somewhere. Blackstone - is so-so in accuracy. Blackstone was slow for me. Stinky/Cat - was quick. He was actually good direct service. Particle counts cool. Dunno about acuracy. OA - is fairly accurate and the web results are quick - mailed reports are slow, though. Price is best for me as mentioned. ANA - accuracy is lacking.

quote:
Originally posted by Pablo: OA - is fairly accurate and the web results are quick - mailed reports are slow, though. Price is best for me as mentioned.
OA is really one of CTC's many labs (also known as Stavely Systems)

Status
Not open for further replies.