Opinions on Advance Auto 5W30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, i've never used this brand but it's only $10 for a gallon locally. I'm doing a quick oil change because I'm selling my car and the oil is overdue for a change. I'll still drive it till it's sold, maybe a couple thousand miles if noone buys it. Times are tough, and every dollar counts this year. Are there any negatives with using this oil? Does it cause sludge, or have a horrible TBN etc? I did a search, didn't really find any good info on it.

Thanks

JOE

Advance Auto brand oil is bottled by Warren Unilube, located in NC, I believe. They also bottle Coastal oils.

Warren Performance Products(WPP) is a bottler of most other house brands. It isnt the same company.

It should be fine for a reasonable mileage interval. Ive used it a few times when there was a "Grand Opening" sale, with no problems to report.

They are selling it for $2.69 a quart when you can get Shell 5W30 for around $2.25-$2.29 at Target. Pricing aside I wouldn't have a problem using it.

Just go to to WM and grab a jug of the new super tech oil,it's SL rated so it has a nice little add pack to it.

good points Shell or super tech are better and/or cheaper. WM sells it in 5 quart container too. Advance seems to always sell in 4 quart container.

Originally Posted By: gto78
good points Shell or super tech are better and/or cheaper. WM sells it in 5 quart container too. Advance seems to always sell in 4 quart container.

+1

Yeah grab the Shell Formula. A couple of weeks ago, Walgreens of all places had the Shell's going for 1.99 a qt. I grabbed a bunch for my RX8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back