Opinions of 2002 Audi Allroad 2.7 twin turbo?

only if you’re clueless and can’t use google to find parts
Sure, then rent a car for 1/2 the year while it's spent on jack stands waiting for you to search for parts across the Internet to be ordered, delivered, and installed. Then finding out it was either the wrong part or there's more to it then what you thought.

Sure, then rent a car for 1/2 the year while it's spent on jack stands waiting for you to search for parts across the Internet to be ordered, delivered, and installed. Then finding out it was either the wrong part or there's more to it then what you thought.
Nick it's really not that serious. The common problems (whole car lol) are very well documented and there are aftermarket solutions.

Is it a great only car? No. But they're cool and a ton of fun if you know what you're doing.

Last edited:
Avoid!
Turbos are issue. Air suspension is a problem and people usually go for regular spring conversion. If that person didn’t do that that means whoever maintained vehicle didn’t understand very well Audi’s. That is the most common “upgrade.”
If it is manual I could see it as DIY project. It is definitely animal in snow and will obliterate any of those vehicles people think are “good” in snow.

Quote:
For this reason, I have taken to measuring automotive reliability on a scale I've dubbed the "Audi Allroad Scale Of Unreliability," which rates cars based on how close they are to the original Audi Allroad in terms of potential for random four-figure maintenance bills. For example: the Lexus ES300 is pretty low on the Audi Allroad Scale Of Unreliability. Whereas a vehicle made entirely by chimpanzees provided with random car parts would be almost as bad as the Allroad. Maybe even worse if the chimpanzees are German.
http://dougdemuro.kinja.com/german-reliability-the-greatest-myth-ever-sold-to-amer-1572026115

Doug Demuro's opinion of them... That said, one of the guys at autocross had one that was running pretty well actually, its not a great autocross car though...

Nick it's really not that serious. The common problems (whole car lol) are very well documented and there are aftermarket solutions.

Is it a great only car? No. But they're cool and a ton of fun if you know what you're doing.
LOL I was exaggerating, 180 days of a $50 a day rental car would be $9,000 :ROFLMAO:

Back