Open package of oil delivered

I had ordered some oil from Walmart and packaging they had used is totally unacceptable, the box used is just single wall cardboard and only one piece of tape across the top and bottom, when I had taken this picture I didn't realize the box was upside down because that is what failed, basically the bottom had fell out. I ordered 5 jugs which luckily were all still inside the box and not leaking but they also didn't use anything to cover the caps to seal them which would help prevent them from leaking. There was a delivery exception which FedEx replaced the barcode so I knew something was wrong, when I flipped the box over I realized that was the top with the label but they had to ship it upside down and couldn't scan the label so they added one on the side. This oil is out of stock at all of their stores in my area but I can get it elsewhere and pay a few more dollars and I don't even really like Walmart and hate shopping their anyways. It seems like anytime I deal with them they keep giving me reasons not to shop there.

Attachments

• PXL_20210321_165021918.jpg
    PXL_20210321_165021918.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 64
I also left feedback review on their website and posted that picture so hopefully it'll be approved and they'll add it. I've ordered oil from Napa before and they go out of their way to make sure the jugs don't leak.

On 2 occasions poor Walmart packaging was damaged and so was the 5 quart container. Box was oil soaked. My porch had oil.
Another time I did not notice the damage; the box sat on my living room floor for 1/2 hour or so. Oil leaked onto the high end Pergo.

Both times Wally send me a free jug. Whoopie.

So...

The oil was delivered ok, but the box was messed up? Did you need the box?
No, that will get tossed as I don't need anymore boxes, this is more or less to help others who order oil from them and what could be expected, luckily I didn't experience the issues that evidently Jeff had with them.

Thank goodness we have many choices. I have about 90% success rate mail ordering, but the failures seem to get much more attention.

I have a 112 lb. Hein Werner floor jack scheduled to arrive from Zoro tomorrow via UPS. Fingers crossed (nervous Nelly), but I know they have excellent customer service.

Blauparts is much better at the packing job, but I guess that's what you give them the big bucks for.
It seems like anytime I deal with them they keep giving me reasons not to shop there.
Yeah, like me with Wendy's. They're running on borrowed time with me!

Looks like how Amazon always packs my stuff. To be honest though, Walmart in my region has always packaged stuff up perfectly. Fluids always have extra plastic bagging, tightly sealed, and no excessive room in the box.

sometimes they tape the lid on.. what an amazing idea 10s and 2cents of tape.

bagging it is always nice too.(inside the box)

They shipped mine all the way from Chino CA all the way here on the other side to VA.
I’m in Virginia too. Have no idea where mine came from can’t remember but I had ordered some copper anti seize since no where here sells it except two places and ordered a thing of oil well the anti seize and oil was everywhere all over. I sent it back.

The crappy boxing lies solely with Wal-Mart. Unfortunately it makes a mess sometimes; not the first time I've cleaned messes off belts from them. Yes, the box went through several conveyor systems, so something like that can get a little "roughed up." The re-label isn't nothing to be too concerned about. If the camera tunnel system doesn't read it, it automatically gets sent to a relabeling line. They also slap a destination sticker on it when it gets to the final hub or satellite to get delivered. Again, this is not really FedEx's problem, it's the shipper.

I’m in Virginia too. Have no idea where mine came from can’t remember but I had ordered some copper anti seize since no where here sells it except two places and ordered a thing of oil well the anti seize and oil was everywhere all over. I sent it back.
I'm a bit north of you in the H'burg area.

I ordered some quaker state jugs, which while they didnt open-bounced freely in the box. Wonder if Amazon has the same problems? Wonder what are good places to order oil from??

Nice. I’ve been up there a few times. I want to come for the Wood Grill. I think that’s the name of it. Used to be Wood Fire Grill.
I actually drove by there the other evening and they were packed... way too many cars in that parking lot for it to be safe.

I am actually quite surprised that nobody has even asked once what oil was in the box... this is BITOG after all...

Back