Open M1 bottles at Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard that some of the Sube guys have bought M1 from Wallyworld only to get home and discover that the bottle had been opened and was about 1/2 empty.

Sounds like someone figured out a way to trick the returns people.

So check your bottle before you buy....

Someone posted awhile back that he bought oil at WalMart for his car (don't remember the brand of oil) and when he went to use it, discovered it was some jerk's used oil poured back nice & neat into the bottles and obviously returned for refund. Talk about recycling - and "free" oil, no less! It's unbelievable the depths of depravity some people will stoop to just get an edge in everyday dealings. I hope there's an eighth circle of retribution such people will experience in Dante's Inferno in which they'll be lowered by their short hairs into boiling, sludgy oil for eternity plus a day.

Amen!
128.gif

You can tell if the cap is sealed. Don't buy it if it isn't.

Another thing to check is the oil filters. Alot of folks have found the wrong filter number inside the box. Take the new one out of the box & inspect it for defects & wrong number before purchasing.

I bought a few qts of the supertech gear oil, the caps were on good and tight but didn't have the foil seal inside. Oil looked looked new and smelled ok, so I used it. Made me wonder if the bottler had his profit margin so beat down by wally that he skipped the foil step to save a few cents.

quote:

Originally posted by Triple_Se7en:
You can tell if the cap is sealed.

I've had a few bottles with the breakaway ring seal where the whole ring and cap came off whole. With a little coaxing you probably could get them all to come off that way. Guess someone could refill those with anything and cap them back up, but how likely is that?

I check ever container now. I bought 4 quarts of 75/90 Mobil 1 gear oil at Advanced Auto. Got home and realized one had a different colored small end cap. I returned it and checked the other gear oils. The off colored cap was the same color as a8090 Valvoline cap. Someone could be running the std 8090 and thought they had Mobil 1 intheir gear box. Rule # 1 is check every container for broken seal, cap color or anything elso suspsous.

If you crack the cap slightly and squeeze on the bottle, you can smell whether there's new or used oil in that container..

..just don't squeeze too much, otherwise, you'll make a mess.

Open those filter boxes too. The ST9018 cartridge filter for EcoTecs is 5.69, in comparison to the common 2.07 for other ST's. I had to open 4 boxes to find one with an actual 9018 cartridge in it. They were all the 7317 spin on's where presumably someone did a swap and got the cartridge filters for 2.07 each.

quote:

Originally posted by Ray H:
Someone posted awhile back that he bought oil at WalMart for his car (don't remember the brand of oil) and when he went to use it, discovered it was some jerk's used oil poured back nice & neat into the bottles and obviously returned for refund. Talk about recycling - and "free" oil, no less! It's unbelievable the depths of depravity some people will stoop to just get an edge in everyday dealings. I hope there's an eighth circle of retribution such people will experience in Dante's Inferno in which they'll be lowered by their short hairs into boiling, sludgy oil for eternity plus a day.

This happened to me once too. That's pretty **** low...
mad.gif

The caps have to get ON the bottles somehow without disturbing the ring seals. I bet one could undo same if they put their mind to it, particularly the 5 quart jugs of mobil one.

At least whoever found the dirty oil found it, and didn't wind up using non-detergent 40 weight or whatever else could be counterfeit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back