Oops! - ran non 508 spec oil in my 2019 VW Jetta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah , laughing at reactions, because running 15w40 in my 2.5 all its life did nothing to it. Running 15w40 in the now 2.0 has done nothing to it. Running 20w50 in toyota camry did nothing to it, and when I get a mk7 you best bet I will be running 15w40 in it.

No point in running a vw spec oil when 15w40 makes every other oil look weak. We all know 15w40 should've been much more popular than 0w20 if there wasn't cafe standards. Long live the 40 and 30 weight!

Then how come you use 5w20 in your van?

“Its all good, same with mine but everything is clean.
Van is good, very reliable, runs great on 5w20.”

Then how come you use 5w20 in your van?

“Its all good, same with mine but everything is clean.
Van is good, very reliable, runs great on 5w20.”
I baby the van, and also castrol GTX 5w20 was like 10 bucks at walmart a year ago lol. I run the 2.0 VERY hard, it does not get any time to warm up, the moment I start it, it see's redline and coasting at 40mph at 2nd or 3rd gear :ROFLMAO: the 2.5 saw hard running off road at high rpms at low gears and also very harsh conditions.

Don't listen to none of these guys. Your goin' down... VW reps are on their way to your home now to check your oil. that satellite antenna on top your car just sent the signal your computer just wrote that the oil sensor noticed.... It wasn't 508... You might want to rethink ownership of this vehicle now. It will soon leave you stranded with the substandard oil in it, just to get back at you for your negligence in oil usage!

Wow, ain't that a load of manure! lol!

Warranty might say something if some very unlikely engine event happens, but I seriously doubt any harm has, or will be done with the current usage of oil. If you are unsure, simply change it out, and chalk it up to a simple mistake. Just remember, this is BITOG. WE all have one thing in common, we all have had at least one sleepless night wondering if that oil we put in.....

Don't listen to none of these guys. Your goin' down... VW reps are on their way to your home now to check your oil. that satellite antenna on top your car just sent the signal your computer just wrote that the oil sensor noticed.... It wasn't 508... You might want to rethink ownership of this vehicle now. It will soon leave you stranded with the substandard oil in it, just to get back at you for your negligence in oil usage!
Already a step ahead of you - car has been lit on fire and pushed off a cliff. And I've fled the country to escape the VW 508 Operatives.

Already a step ahead of you - car has been lit on fire and pushed off a cliff. And I've fled the country to escape the VW 508 Operatives.
GQ4BYNTB5OBNDDST4YLBJY443U.jpg

me and the boys behind the blown up golf when the 508 op's pull up

I be more worried about running a low HTHS mid/low saps508 spec lubricant in an engine with the power density of the booosted 2 litre.
The 2019 GLI has a more powerful engine than the F.I. Mustang GT 5 litre from the late 80's

The manual transmission GLI is as fast and as quick as a new 7.0 litre Shelby GT 500 from the 60's and they weigh the same!

skip ahead to 3:38 for track test

I be more worried about running a low HTHS mid/low saps508 spec lubricant in an engine with the power density of the booosted 2 litre.
The 2019 GLI has a more powerful engine than the F.I. Mustang GT 5 litre from the late 80's

The manual transmission GLI is as fast and as quick as a new 7.0 litre Shelby GT 500 from the 60's and they weigh the same!

skip ahead to 3:38 for track test

Everybody knows VWs are junk anyways Arco...

You will be fine....and the green/blue dye of the 508 oil dissipates after a few hundred miles anyway.

You will be fine.

I imagine a large percentage of cars are running around on oil that doesn't meet a spec for the vehicle because they go to quick lube shops that stock just a few oils that are most common accros the board but don't meet every car's spec.

You will be fine.

I imagine a large percentage of cars are running around on oil that doesn't meet a spec for the vehicle because they go to quick lube shops that stock just a few oils that are most common accros the board but don't meet every car's spec.
I haven't been to too many quick lube places, but the several I have been to always use an oil with the correct approval required by the manufacturer.

You will be fine....and the green/blue dye of the 508 oil dissipates after a few hundred miles anyway.
I believe the marker will still show up if the dealer shines a light on it. I agree with the consensus, no damage done, good move getting 508 back in and I'd run it at least until warranty is up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back