Only one approval to run in all of your vehicles - which one?

You have to chose only one approval to run in all of your vehicles, which approval is that? Approvals which accompany that approval come by default but curious the one approval you would count on the most.

Viscosity not a part.

For my current fleet. The Motorcraft certification or Dexos. Either one of those are fine for me. The Ranger is the only thing I care about, the Honda's won't care one way or the other.

well since some approvals are only certain viscosities.. not sure this question is very valid.

D1G2 since at least its good for lspi and almost 100% chance its api SP as long as its not a years old bottle.

If I was looking at a 0w20 VW 508 or MB 229.71

I think mine might be dexos1 Gen 2 now but really like what I see from Gen3. I really do not know enough about all of them to really make an informed choice.

With my variety only and HD oil will do, maybe 229.5 would be able to treat the Cummins ok, not sure about the bike though.

You have to chose only one approval to run in all of your vehicles, which approval is that? Approvals which accompany that approval come by default but curious the one approval you would count on the most.

Viscosity not a part.
Its very simple it called the sleep factor. But frankly they are all so close if you get on of the majors you simply aren't going to have an issue that isn't mental!

All the bases are covered. ;)
$_35.jpg

I could run VW504 in all 5 of my fleet. 3 VWs a Ford and a Lexus.
ACEA C3 with VW 504 00 approval is about as universal an oil as it gets. I run this in every vehicle I own. When Castrol Edge 5W-30LL was on rollback at Walmart that was a steal for the oil, and now there is Valvoline XL-III from Amazon.

Back