Only in a Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure there was a movie about such a situation from probably 20 years ago, maybe more.

I suppose it makes sense that if you're going to hole up for a while, do it in a place with all the supplies and plenty of spots to hide, and where being in there 24 hours a day is not an issue...

Probably only walmart meets those criteria in the area.

If he had applied through personnel, I'm sure they could have worked something out. After all, Walmart likes people to stay there round the clock.
crazy2.gif

The Walmart deli has honey BBQ chicken tenders that are delicious.

Living in a Walmart is better than living under a highway overpass.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
I'm pretty sure there was a movie about such a situation from probably 20 years ago, maybe more.

I suppose it makes sense that if you're going to hole up for a while, do it in a place with all the supplies and plenty of spots to hide, and where being in there 24 hours a day is not an issue...

"Home is where the heart is" starring Natalie Portman.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: JHZR2

"Home is where the heart is" starring Natalie Portman.

Derp, "Where the heart is", omit the home part
smile.gif

Where the heart is - Wikipedia

Quote:
The film follows five years in the life Novalee Nation, a pregnant 17-year-old who is abandoned by her boyfriend at a Wal-Mart in a small Oklahoma town. She secretly moves into the Wal-Mart store where she eventually gives birth to her baby, which attracts media attention. With the help of friends, she makes a new life for herself in the town.

Walmart security in action. If the kid would have cleaned up his own trash who knows how long he could have lived there. In the end he's like a lot of people. Trash is for others to deal with.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
In the end he's like a lot of people. Trash is for others to deal with.

It's sad that in my neighborhood they won't even pick up spillage of their own trash after garbage collection day. I pick up all the trash on my street.

The world is just a big garbage can, I suppose.

This kid was pretty desperate. I bet this kid was abused by his family and hid in walmart. There was a kid here in TN that did the same thing except he hid at someone's backyard on a big property. He made a makeshift camp in the ground to avoid detection. When the TN kid was caught and found, he said he ran away because of abuse by his mom.

TN kid runs away and builds a makeshift camp to hide

Originally Posted By: JetStar
You can say all you want about Walmart, but the real sad question is why did the kid do it? Abuse, homeless, no family,...
Really sad

that's what I was thinking, who the heck cares about the trash he left at walmart but rather why did he do it? he is only 14 man, still a kid, not even legally an adult yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back