Online Tire Stores Close to NY

I am looking for an online tire store that is close to NY to save on shipping costs. Any ideas? I have typed it into google but most of them are located in CA or FL.

Ones like tirerack have multiple warehouses. Depending on their distribution a more expensive tire might have cheaper shipping if it's close by. My TR Kumhos came from indiana.

Originally Posted By: parimento1
I am looking for an online tire store that is close to NY to save on shipping costs.
It doesn't really make sense. How much is sales tax in your area? 8%? On a $400 set of tires, that's about $30, so about the same as shipping. If you buy from out of state, they will not charge you state sales tax, so that offsets the shipping. It's a wash, IMO. Personally, I'd go with TireRack. Their prices are good, and their customer service is excellent - important should you have any problems with your new tires.

Last edited:
Tire rack has several warehouses, including one in Delaware so shipping should be relatively low. In fact, they give you the choice of different warehouses / shipping costs if you do the "shipping quote" on their site.

I'll second Tire Rack. Shipping from Indiana to south central/south eastern PA was only around $30 and scary fast. Ordered at 4:45PM and they showed up at 9:00AM the next day with normal ground shipping!!

Originally Posted By: PeteTheFarmer
Discount Tire Direct has free ground shipping.
+1 Definitely worth checking. You can check their website to see the the inventory level of the tire you are interested in, at the different warehouses. I know they have one in Ohio. In the tire I was looking at, DTD was less expensive with the free shipping. And, in my case the DTD OTD price listed no tax. I ended up buying the tire at a local DT, unfortunately not an option for you. Of course it just makes sense to shop TR too, to get a price.

parimento1

Yea I Checked out both - Tire Rack and Discount Tire Direct- both stores are around the same price even with TR shipping, so I am sure that shipping is included in the price of each tires and the "free" shipping is a ploy. Anyway, that being said I was looking at the Kumho Solus at TR and the Falkens at Discount Tire both around the same price. Any recommendations?