Online sources for Euro oils?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any of you Euro-car-driving BITOGers know of any reputable online sources for the following oils?:

Elf

Motul

Fuchs

Total

Agip

Pentosin

Shell Helix

Thanks in advance for any info.

Yeah, I know of one and will PM you. Let's keep the outside sales links to a minimum until told otherwise. BitOG Sponsors should have first shot at these sales if they decide to carry the inventory or a established place should become a sponsor if they want a piece of the traffic. Overall, I think a link to this Euro-made discussion Forum will attract a lot of new users/members. Let's just give it a lil time to happen and for the adm to develop a policy on this. We have been doing it already w/GC, but it was a thorn to the adm. In fact, it was partly the reason the GC Forum was started to begin with!

PS, an obvious exception would be something specific like: "I can't find a certain viscosity of a certian brand where I normally get it. Has anyone seen it and can they PM me?" For instance, the only place I have seen the two Mobil Clean 10w-40 oils is K-Mart. ...not exactly taking a bite out of BitOG, but a full-on online sales link might.

OK, OK
wink.gif

PM me if you want to know where to purchase Pentosin 5w-40 synthetic. (Although I suspect most "in-the-know" VW/Audi owners already are familiar with this online vendor.)

Yes, the true European oils are hard to find here. Politics and EPA issues probably play a role.

Lubro-Moly

Pentosin

Chevron makes good oil. I used it in my TDI- the experts stated it wasn't a true synthetic but was a hydrocracked oil. Nevertheless, it performed perfectly for over 115k miles and it was a price advantage. However I am having trouble finding a 502 spec oil or the fully synthetic Chevron oil. I understand and correct me if I'm wrong, but Chevron is one of a few companies that make base stock for other companies.

quote:

Originally posted by Tones:
Stumbled across this site the other day. Prices are not so great:
http://www.elfusa.com

You can do better. I got five litres of Excellium LDX 5W-40 for $35 plus shipping. The price they quote on Excellium 229.5 MUST be a misprint! That is $19.90 a litre...that sounds like European pricing. The other types aren't that expensive.

Tones,

It looks QUITE impressive and I am very much a fan of Elf oils (as well as Elvish oils
wink.gif
); but I am trying to convince everyone that the color change in GC is no cause for alarm. I believe the new version will be as impressive as the old...Der König ist nicht noch tot.
cheers.gif

Lot of good Euro oils out there. Elf and Castrol come to mind as giving the European market more high quality oils. I do think we have some of the best oils in the world made right here in the US though - Mobil 1, Amsoil, Redline, Specialty Formulations
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by buster:
Lot of good Euro oils out there. Elf and Castrol come to mind as giving the European market more high quality oils. I do think we have some of the best oils in the world made right here in the US though - Mobil 1, Amsoil, Redline, Specialty Formulations
wink.gif

buster,

You are a fine patriot!
patriot.gif

vwoom, thanks for the silkolen link! I'm going to start a thread for that oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back