One weight/brand for all my vehicles?

Looking for advice for an oil weight and brand for three of my vehicles.

Here is my fleet:

1994 Toyota Corolla, 1.8, 95,000 miles, spec 10w-30, running Mobil 1 0w-30
2007 Toyota Solara 3.3, 131,000 miles, spec 5w-30, running Mobil 1 0w-30
2009 Honda Odyssey 3.5 107,000 miles spec 5w-20, running Mobil 1 0w-20

No oil consumption on any engine.

Both Toyota's seem to crank much faster below 30 degrees F than the spec oil, especially the Corolla.
The Odyssey has been on some long road trips with 0w-20 with no issues.

Looking for one oil for all vehicles, but maybe stick with what I have?
Mid-Atlantic winters, so not very cold.
I was thinking about 0w-30 for all at this point, not sure how it will affect the Honda.
I would like to get another 100,000 miles out of all of them!

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Your idea of running 0W-30 accross the board is what I would do.
Your J35 V6 in the Odyssey wouldn't mind it a bit.
If we decide to keep our 2020 Pilot , I'll be running 5W-30 or 0W-30 synthetic once the powertrain warranty is up.

Just my 2 cents.

I've actually been pondering this myself. As I adjust what I've been running in the four vehicles in my sig, I was just thinking about going with 5W30 EDGE in all of them for simplicity sake. Seems like it goes on sale often enough at Napa for $17/jug after rebate.

I’d keep it the same but that’s just me. I wouldn’t run that 0W-30 in the one that need 10W-30 that’s probably too thin for that.
I was thinking about that with the Corolla but Mobil says their 0w-30 is acceptable for 5w-30 and 10w-30 vehicles. Seems to run fine, no smoke. I doubt the engine is hard on oil but I have heard that the 1.8 was prone to oil consumption due to sticking rings. I

I was thinking about that with the Corolla but Mobil says their 0w-30 is acceptable for 5w-30 and 10w-30 vehicles. Seems to run fine, no smoke. I doubt the engine is hard on oil but I have heard that the 1.8 was prone to oil consumption due to sticking rings. I
That’s correct about the 1.8 when I worked at the Toyota dealership that was a common problem and complaint.

That’s correct about the 1.8 when I worked at the Toyota dealership that was a common problem and complaint.
What was the Toyota recommended fix for that? I am hoping that today's quality oil and good maintenance will help.

Not related to oil: The engine runs a little rough at idle, when I was given the car it was much worse, replaced upper engine mount, ran a couple doses of Techron though it and it is much better. I replaced plugs, cap and rotor too. Still a little rough at idle in drive. I know it will never be like a Camry. Thoughts? Other engine mounts? It probably needs a good long highway drive, it never got that with the previous owner.

What was the Toyota recommended fix for that? I am hoping that today's quality oil and good maintenance will help.

Not related to oil: The engine runs a little rough at idle, when I was given the car it was much worse, replaced upper engine mount, ran a couple doses of Techron though it and it is much better. I replaced plugs, cap and rotor too. Still a little rough at idle in drive. I know it will never be like a Camry. Thoughts? Other engine mounts? It probably needs a good long highway drive, it never got that with the previous owner.
We would usually if it was summertime put 20W-50 in it and that helped some. In the winter we used additives that they provided for us it was in their label so I have no idea what it was or who made it. Usually didn’t see too many complaints after adding those.

Not sure I understand how 0w30 is thinner? Any synthetic Xw30 would work for the OP in VA.
Because the 0W is thinner so it’s better for winter but too thin for that car in my opinion I’m in Virginia too it get cold sometimes in the winter. Maybe a 5W-30 would be better for that one.

0w30 M1 or Redline 0w30 would be a fine choice. I would include Amsoil 0w30 IF you are already a PC and use at least 5 gallons a year. Pennzoil Maximum 0w30 if nothing else listed above is possible

What was the Toyota recommended fix for that?

The first, original post explains:

Because the 0W is thinner so it’s better for winter but too thin for that car in my opinion I’m in Virginia too it get cold sometimes in the winter. Maybe a 5W-30 would be better for that one.
The grade determines the "thickness" or viscosity, not the number before the w. The Xw is a indicator of the pumpability of the oil at very low temps. 0w30, 5w30, and 10w30 are all within a specified range for a 30 grade oil. Ironically, some 0w30 oils are "thicker" than some 5w30s.(y)

The grade determines the "thickness" or viscosity, not the number before the w. The Xw is a indicator of the pumpability of the oil at very low temps. 0w30, 5w30, and 10w30 are all within a specified range for a 30 grade oil. Ironically, some 0w30 oils are "thicker" than some 5w30s.(y)
Yes I know that but I feel the 0W wouldn’t thicken enough to protect in the winter but that’s just my opinion.

Yes I know that but I feel the 0W wouldn’t thicken enough to protect in the winter but that’s just my opinion.
9B4EC54B-9A38-4BD2-B19F-DF2398A8DFBE.jpeg

You're wrong on every aspect of how multi viscosity oils are both characterized and how they physically perform. You don't understand simple physics either, I would suggest you learn a few things before you continue to post on this subject.

Back