One respirator for brake work and minor spray painting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey folks,

I am looking for a respirator to use for automotive brake repair work and for minor spray painting.

3M is recommending the #07183 respirator for use in brake/under-car applications. This particular respirator only mentions using P100 filters.

However, they are recommending the #07193 respirator for paint applications. The main differences I see are that the #07193 respirator uses an "organic vapor cartridge" and P95 filters (instead of P100).

Ideally, I would only like to purchase one respirator. Usage of the respirator, on a monthly basis, would be well under 10 hours. The spray painting work that I do would be incidental to the overall use (under 10% of the time).

What would be the most realistic option in my situation?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
is cost an issue. to cover what you need best I would look at a 3m 52p71 respirator. they are rate for organic vapors and have a particulate p100 prefilter. can usually get them for 20 to 25 dollars.use for a month or two throw away buy a new one. i do think the sell replacement cartridges for it though. respirator better over protected than under protected.

Last edited:
Get a North 7700 100% silicone.

400.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back