One of our trucks got hit this morning.

One of the workers was going NB and was making a right turn when a clown behind him tried to pass him on the right at a high rate of speed. Most ppl that turn here go left and not right. The clown that hit our guy thought he could barrel by on the right @70-80 mph.

The clown was in a Kia telluride. Had 2 children in the car not in car seats. Air bags deployed,kids ok.

Our truck got the fender,bumper and tie rod damaged likely more.

I had to pick up our wrecked truck and take it to a body shop. The cops took a report and put 100% of the fault to the clown.

The 2nd pic is how my morning started out

This type of accident is 100% avoidable.

Attachments

• IMG_20221209_080707657.jpg
    IMG_20221209_080707657.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_20221209_091413171~3.jpg
    IMG_20221209_091413171~3.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 248
I'm not allowed to film what's going on from inside my bus, but it's jaw dropping the stuff I see.

What you describe is peanuts (and isn't that a sad state of affairs). I regularly see mothers putting baby carriers in traffic to stop it or fathers with kids on bicycles ignoring red lights or in other situations where they should be yielding.

If I were to drive by the traffic rules and let others get themselves out of the mess of their own creation, I wouldn't get 100 yards before there's a fatality.

One of the workers was going NB and was making a right turn when a clown behind him tried to pass him on the right at a high rate of speed. Most ppl that turn here go left and not right. The clown that hit our guy thought he could barrel by on the right @70-80 mph.

The clown was in a Kia telluride. Had 2 children in the car not in car seats. Air bags deployed,kids ok.

Our truck got the fender,bumper and tie rod damaged likely more.

I had to pick up our wrecked truck and take it to a body shop. The cops took a report and put 100% of the fault to the clown.

The 2nd pic is how my morning started out

This type of accident is 100% avoidable.

The vast majority of accidents are avoidable. And yea-it amazes me the stupid things parents do when they are driving their kids around. But yet-in a public bathroom situation they hover all over them to make sure they are OK.

Chris, sorry for your experience. Glad your driver and the kids are ok. I am not sure about California, but here The Clown would most likely be summoned to appear before a judge. If he also hold / held a commercial license he may be suspended for up to 6 mos depending on severity of accident.

Chris, sorry for your experience. Glad your driver and the kids are ok. I am not sure about California, but here The Clown would most likely be summoned to appear before a judge. If he also hold / held a commercial license he may be suspended for up to 6 mos depending on severity of accident.
I don't think he got any ticket at all.

It's good they put the blame on the clown instead of having each pay his own. There are some real idiots out there and it's good nobody was injured. That would be a scary accident.

The first picture shows a 10 MPH speed limit on a road too narrow to pass. Is that the location where the crash occurred?

Lots of stupidity on the roads. People driving way too fast because they think theyre entitled to drive faster than the limits, or be distracted.

Saw a bad one tonight, a Taurus totally flattened into a trailer.

I just purchased a dash camera a few days ago. I keep seeing YouTube videos of accidents and seeing how it can prove your innocence in a collision. Never been in an accident and hope I never am, but better to be safe than sorry.
Which one did you get? I’ve been looking for one that can read the license plates.

Lots of stupidity on the roads. People driving way too fast because they think theyre entitled to drive faster than the limits, or be distracted.

Saw a bad one tonight, a Taurus totally flattened into a trailer.

I agree with you on this.

What I can't stand is when these Future Organ Donor of America do that and it's either 1) a busy road with 100 to 300 or more vehicles on the road in front of them on the highway in the next mile ahead of them or 2) driving nuclear fast into a small city on a Saturday evening 3) Doing this on a two lane road and not at least on a divided highway with 4 or more lanes.

I have been passed by motorcycles going 170 on interstate 64.... I got passed by the Street Outlaw guys from Toano going 150-160 mph while driving into Williamsburg be on a Saturday evening at 615 pm.

At least the motorcycle guys did that at 1 am in the morning and no one was really out at that time.

Back