One Adam 12, One Adam 12, 211 in progress

Was flipping channels yesterday and started to watch Adam-12. The episode at **** Clark as a guest star owning a drag strip. The local greasers were drag racing on city streets and it was up to Reed and Malloy to put a stop to such hooliganisms. Fat Charlie was the main antagonist. At the end of the episode, Spoiler Warning...

The greasers and Reed raced. I recognized what I think was a '67 Camaro with the hidden headlights. The other dragsters were older vehicles like a 57ish Belair types and old ambulances. The times were called out ranging from 14 and change to 11.11 at 128 mph. Cool to see what the young men were doing back then.

I wish I could watch that show again. It disappeared off netflix and I can't find anywhere to buy the boxset. If I could buy that and Emergency! I'd be pretty happy

This show was new when I was in high school, and I watched it regularly, but I remember nothing about it. Recently, though, I got to watch some episodes of Martin Milner's previous series, Route 66. In one episode he is accidentally given a dose of a hallucinogenic (clearly LSD, which was legal in 1962 -- but the script doesn't name it). His Tod Stiles character takes off on a night-long odyssey of sensory distortion, euphoria, paranoia, and depression, leading him at the climax to climb atop a bridge and consider jumping. Milner handles it all very well. If you only know him from his workmanlike performances on Adam-12 (and working for Jack Webb would blunt the edge and style of any actor!), you're in for a surprise with Route 66.

Route 66 and Dragnet along with 12 o'clock High were some of my favotite must watch series. :LOL:

I remember Emergency! Where they treated every one with lactated ringers.

One the sci-fi side, i was really young but i watched The Invaders. Probably was reruns as it only ran a season or so. I think i saw it later that the season it ran.

Route 66 and Dragnet along with 12 o'clock High were some of my favotite must watch series. :LOL:

I thought of Dragnet immediately when I saw the replies to this thread.

Being only 32, I obviously have no memories of actually watching ANY of the aforementioned shows when they aired, however I do remember being maybe... 11 or 12 and watching reruns of Dragnet on one of those "classic TV" channels. I'm not sure what drew me to it, I don't remember ever watching cop shows as a kid or being around that type of activity in real life, however the show fascinated me.

I watched it so much, for a while I could recite the Miranda Rights by heart. This was in 7th grade!

I remember Emergency! Where they treated every one with lactated ringers.

One the sci-fi side, i was really young but i watched The Invaders. Probably was reruns as it only ran a season or so. I think i saw it later that the season it ran.
The Invaders aired last year on MeTV! I saw it the premise was interesting and the first episode was very good but the rest were spotty at best.

Was flipping channels yesterday and started to watch Adam-12. The episode at **** Clark as a guest star owning a drag strip. The local greasers were drag racing on city streets and it was up to Reed and Malloy to put a stop to such hooliganisms. Fat Charlie was the main antagonist. At the end of the episode, Spoiler Warning...

The greasers and Reed raced. I recognized what I think was a '67 Camaro with the hidden headlights. The other dragsters were older vehicles like a 57ish Belair types and old ambulances. The times were called out ranging from 14 and change to 11.11 at 128 mph. Cool to see what the young men were doing back then.
Seen the same episode on METV. I always thought ADAM 12 was one of the best cop shows. I thought the funniest episode was when the former wrestler beat the snot out of Reed and Malloy. The guy was on a lot of old westerns and was a retired wrestler long ago but I can't remember his name. Mike something.

Back