Onboard Clean Oil Power bypass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice marketing stuff. Does it work? Its a bypass filter and something to evaporate a few things (water, glycol, unburned fuel) from the oil and push them to the intake to get re-burned.

I thought water would come off the oil once you got the oil hot and go into steam. Then leave through crankcase ventilation? Maybe fuel and glycol also?

yes, unfortunately, the contact links (Gravity Form) on their website are bad, at least on my computer. I was able to find them on Facebook, & send a message to find some info on the Onboard LD-4 system. I think between this system & a catch can type setup, would help eliminate many of the problems I am experiencing with a 2018 3.5 EcoBoost with Fuel dilution issues, & if not, at least it looks like a good bypass filter.

I really want to know who is making their spin-on filter....

"The ONBOARD® Particulate Filter removes 99.99 % of particles larger than 2µ.
This G8 Beta 1000 dual-glass filter element is an integral part of the ONBOARD® System,
and can help extend engine life well beyond 60% with our particle filter alone… "

Puradyn used to make a similar evaporation system that used a heating element and vented to atmosphere, it was later replaced with a closed system and eliminated the heating element. I used that style of filter but removed the heating element as I never had any fuel issues, so I can't say how well it worked. If you do find out more about the system I'd be interested in hearing about it.:)

How do these systems work? I cant see how oil can enter under pressure, & remove liquid without leaking oil. I would almost need to see one before I committed to buying one. They replied back to my messages with pricing. The system is designed to be used with the Onboard brand filters only, & the LD$ has a selling price of around $1200 USD. Not sure what a replacement filter sells for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back