On the first interval with a moly oil...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patman

Staff member
I wonder if you're better off starting out 1/4 to 1/2 quart low on your capacity, that way you
can top it up with fresh oil as you go along, so that you keep adding more moly to replace
the stuff that is plating?

In a car like mine, which uses 1qt every 6k though, obviously this isn't neccessary since I have
to top it up with fresh oil anyways.

Thoughts?

Hey! Another early riser! I got up at 2:00 AM Central
Pat,fill that buddy up would be my opinion

Quanity wise,how many oil changes did you buy and was it 10/30 or 5/30?

What color is it? I heard there is a different look to the oil,just curious

I bought a case of the #703 10w30 blend and that'll do me for two oil changes. The oil is green, one of my favorite colors!
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
I wonder if you're better off starting out 1/4 to 1/2 quart low on your capacity, that way you
can top it up with fresh oil as you go along, so that you keep adding more moly to replace
the stuff that is plating?

In a car like mine, which uses 1qt every 6k though, obviously this isn't neccessary since I have
to top it up with fresh oil anyways.

Thoughts?

I would think (in my uneducated guess). That the amount of moly being fixed in a given amount of quarts that it doesn't matter. In fact putting it all in at once gives you more moly faster and also an extra amount of oil which is good.

BTW the Shaeffers Moly Pure Syn ius also Green. Wish this oil would be available in a XW-40 or at least a 10W-30.

The color is, um ... well ...

Imagine if you could get a 50/50 Gatorade and sybean oil to mix properly. That's what the Supreme 7000 oils look like.
wink.gif

I just changed my oil 4 days ago. The engine runs a little quieter than it did with regular dino oil in it (which it had for the last 1 month).

smile.gif

--- Bror Jace

The color is a nice, somewhat bluish, green. From my experience so far, I'd say that in its first fill, SS7K tends to improve up to 3K or so(might have continued to improve, but I drained mine at 3,263 miles); things really seem to have "settled in" now that my 2nd SS7K fill has a little over 2,000 miles on it.

"Come over to the green side..."
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back