Oldest American DNA

Status
Not open for further replies.
They think man may have been here 130K years ago. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. I have done lots of reading on prehistoric man. I don't think this is possible. There is no other evidence older than say 17,000 years. Mighty big gap. Experts are skeptical also.

Very interesting. Thanks for the post. The west coast of B.C. was the main thoroughfare from the Bering straight.
smile.gif

Last edited:
There are other theories as well, 2 archeologist digging around Chesapeake bay found traces of carbon fires dating back 25K years, they also proved that the Clovis spear point is an exact copy of a Solutrean one they've also discovered that in the DNA of the eastern seaboard tribes there is an haplogroup R1 which is only found in Europe and the middle east, the Ojibway mythology says that they ancestors came from beyond the sea, of course Academia is all over them trying to discredit them, as too many academic careers have been built on the "One only" migration and route took place and that was Beringian. Well we also believed that Colombus was the 1st person to have come to the Americas, only centuries later did we discover that the Vikings (Anse aux Meadows) had been here 500years earlier. It's happening also with the "Out of Africa" theory, too many academic careers founded on that theory, that there was an out of africa migration there is no doubt, but not as they have described it IMO. The current population & zoology doesn't really support the various gaps and geographical expansion. Still it make for a very interesting discussion.

My daughter, adopted from Brazil, got her DNA done. In addition to some traditional American Indian-Kamchatka type DNA she has some Polynesian-Indonesian. My first thought was that maybe someone imported to Suriname ran over the border and made a run for freedom, but I have been reading more and more trans-Pacific theories. Looks like things are a lot more complicated than we thought.

Originally Posted by KGMtech
Just read Sapiens, excellent book on history of man with some good humor too.

Yep
"Humans from the Beginning" is also very good....read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back