Old Trog Needs Help with Iphone to Gphone Connection

I have an iphone and can't seem to communicate with folks who have the other brands. Works sometimes but mostly not. Is there a setting or app or education you can help me with.
Remember, I confess to being a troglodyte
Smoky

I have an iphone and can't seem to communicate with folks who have the other brands. Works sometimes but mostly not. Is there a setting or app or education you can help me with.
Smoky
To clarify do you mean making phone calls, texts or what?

Smoky
not quite understanding.. please clarify?

interesting i know when i switched from apple to google phone i forgot to turn off imessages and recipients that were messaging me via imessage their messages weren't coming through as sms. i had to deactivate my number with imessages server. it sounds like you're having the opposite situation i had.

Are they just not sending? There will be a red exclamation mark next to it like this, and your texts will appear as green when not messaging someone using iMessage. Generally that means you don’t have signal or a strong enough signal. SMS/MMS messages like this require a cell connection.

Blue text bubbles means you are communicating using iMessage. iMessage uses the internet itself, so you can have no cell reception but if you’re on WiFi all your texts will still go through.

B847784D-6568-40D3-BA3D-9A21C29588F0.jpeg

You have to turn off iMessage to communicate with people that have other types of phones. It drives all my Apple friends crazy that my text messages show up green instead of blue because I text a bunch of people without an Apple product so mine has to be turned off.

You have to turn off iMessage to communicate with people that have other types of phones. It drives all my Apple friends crazy that my text messages show up green instead of blue because I text a bunch of people without an Apple product so mine has to be turned off.
You shouldn’t have too, I text my brother all the time and he uses Android while everyone else I text has an iPhone.

I don't i, but a cousin and such all do.
They think I get group messages that I do not see.
Maybe try NOT group?

If you're already using the android Google phone follow the steps on this site to deactivate your mobile number within apple's imessages servers.

Otherwise you'll need to reinsert your sim card back into the iPhone and switch the imessage & facetime toggles off.

You shouldn’t have too, I text my brother all the time and he uses Android while everyone else I text has an iPhone.
Interesting. When I got my XR 2 years ago before upgrading I had to turn it off because my parents weren’t receiving texts from me then when I turned it off they went through. On this phone it’s off too and I haven’t had it on at all. Maybe it was just something they had on their phone.

Back